Peugeot 106XR Quiksilver - romi
Peugeot 106XR Quiksilver - Engine cuts out

Help!

I purchased the above S Reg (Sept 98) in May 04. Whilst driving the car home from the garage, a distance of 6 miles, the engine cut out 4 times. The car started immediately on turning the ignition key. I immediately contacted the garage once I finally got home and the car was collected by the garage.

After 1 month I was told that the car was ready for me. During the period in the garage the ECU board was changed, the car was subjected to computer diagnostics at a Peugeot garage ( not the garage that I bought the car from) which showed no faults. The throttle sensor was also changed.

When I finally got the car back it drove beautifully for about 150 miles, over a period of about 3 days, and then the same fault occured. I heard an audible click (like relay contacts opening or closing), the engine cut out but restarted immediately on ignition. Reading the handbook I am suspicious of the immobiliser, fuse or relay contacts, or possibly fuel pump.

Has anyone had a similar problem with this car. I still have a short time of my warrantee left.

Thanks in anticipation.

Romi
Peugeot 106XR Quiksilver - Bill Payer
I would reject the car - it doesn't work properly (not 'fit for purpose').
In my recent experience with Peugeot, once you start getting problems like this they can be impossible to fix. My 406 hasn't worked properly for 6 mths (engine misfire) - it goes into the dealer for their last chance to fix it later this month. The dealer told me they're stuffed with cars that have all sorts of unsolveable problems.