Air Con - Saab 9-3 lpt se 2.0 - flatfour
My air con/ climate control has started to blow unchilled air intermittantly, the fan speeds up when the outside temp air comes in then drops back when the chilled air kicks in.
Any one got any idea\'s please
Air Con - Dynamic Dave
Any one got any idea's please

It would help you and others if you gave us a clue as to the car you've got the problem with. Tis a bit vague at the moment.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=20236
Air Con - Ben79
Does the car have an outside temperature guage?

When my C5 temp guage broke, it said it was -8 when everyone was outside in shorts. The air con wouldn't go onto cold. When the temp jumped back to closer to actual, it worked!
Air Con - flatfour
Saab 9-3 lpt se 2.0 {Thanks, duly added to subject header. DD}
Air Con - flatfour
Went to Express in Gloucester. Ozzie put the gas on test should be .8Kg only .56Kg so refilled, now working great
Air Con - Dynamic Dave
Went to Express in Gloucester. Ozzie put the gas on test
should be .8Kg only .56Kg so refilled, now working great

Couple of quesions.
1. How old is the Saab, and has the air con previously been topped up?
2. Did Ozzie put any dye in the system to detect for leaks using a UV lamp?
Air Con - flatfour
the car is 2.5 years old, first refill, the guy before was on his 2nd refill, had his done last year, Ozzie put a dye in his and said to come back in a couple of months for a free check, mine he thought was a very very small leak, but said if I needed it done again next year he would put dye in it. Cost overall was £52 inc vat.
Air Con - Dynamic Dave
Cost overall was £52 inc vat.

That is cheap. Well done. Average price seems to be £80 and upwards.

Air Con - flatfour
i'll put ozzie on the directory, a mechanic I know well said they always take their cars to ozzie for air con problems