Headlamp conversion for LHD - Nomag
Hi,
Does anyone know where I can get hold of a headlamp conversion kit for a Mk 3 Punto? I'm off to Italy in a couple of weeks and whilst it used to be easy to find kits for older cars, the new Punto has clear lens headlamps and I can't find a conversion kit/pattern anywhere!
Any help much appreciated.
Headlamp conversion for LHD - rustbucket
Hi,
Does anyone know where I can get hold of a headlamp
conversion kit for a Mk 3 Punto? I'm off to Italy
in a couple of weeks and whilst it used to be
easy to find kits for older cars, the new Punto has
clear lens headlamps and I can't find a conversion kit/pattern anywhere!
Any help much appreciated.

Holfords do sticky converters for most cars, just look up pattern on the supplied data sheet and follow the instructions.However I have found that the stick on version supplied by the AA is a different shape and is better for the newer clear plasstic type headlamps.They cost about £6-£7 a set.

rustbucket (the original)
Headlamp conversion for LHD - PhilW
I found that the AA ones for my Berlingo did not work very well, you could only use them once and I also found that they tended to fly off in the rain. What I did notice was that the pattern to cut off was on the reflector. However, there were also available headlamp protectors from Citroen which had the pattern marked on and they came with a number of pieces of black sticky stuff. They weren't cheap (about £40) but I figured that I could use them many times and they might save me having to buy a new headlamp one day.
Maybe Fiat do the same - worth enquiring at your dealer?
Headlamp conversion for LHD - Nomag
Thanks for the advice. I don't really want to splash out on the dealer solution as we're unlikely to drive abroad in this car again - I will try Halfords and see if they have anything!
Headlamp conversion for LHD - PR {P}
My Alfa has similar clear lenses (with xenons). Last year I bought some Halfords beam deflectors, (I was going to use black tape but heard horror stories about not being able to get the glue off!), then parked car up against garage door in the dark, and found the spot which blocked the light which would be a problem,(which incidenlty was only on the passenger side headlight) and cut a 2cm square out of the beam deflectors and stuck it on.
Did plenty of night driving and Italian motorway driving (headlights compulsory) with no one flashing me so it was a success!
Headlamp conversion for LHD - Chas{P}
Might be worth ringing your dealer for advice.

Check your owners handbook. There may be a lever to alter the beam pattern on each headlamp.

HTH

Charles
Headlamp conversion for LHD - inthewildteam
If johnny foreigner wants to drive on the wrong side of the road he should wear shades at night, it's not our problem he's getting dazzled!!!!

Seriously my local Fiat dealership does kits (had to get 1 for my daughters Stilo) Not that it made much difference as far as I could see (or rather couldn't) against the garage door after I'd fitted them, but at least the stick on bits make it legal and less likely to get you in trouble with the carabineri!