thought I'd seen it all! - volvoman
Well today was a first. Despite hearing about such things quite a bit this morning was the first time I've seen a female driver putting on make-up whilst driving. Where did this happen? On the main road passing our local infant/junior school? Yep, a mum was driving along with two hands on her make-up, eyes in the mirror concentrating on her blusher and, to make matters even worse, her young daughter rattling around unrestrained in the back no doubt admiring her mum's dexterity!

It wouldn't surprise me if she was also one of those parents who claim they have to drive their kids to/from school in the interests of safety!!!!
thought I'd seen it all! - Altea Ego
Dont tell me, you were so shocked you dropped your razor in the coffee balancing between your knees.
thought I'd seen it all! - HF
Volvoman did you *have* to grass me up like that??? ;)
Well I was walking as usual actually RF and had safely negotiated HF :) (hands firmly clenched to the wheel) on the way to school only to find myself on the return journey just 2 feet away from a passing car with nobody holding the steering wheel. Quite unnerving really.
A few weeks ago it was a foreign lorry driver reading a map as he sailed by! Perhaps I'll walk to/from the school via the park in future (I'll probably get attacked by a dog pack though).
thought I'd seen it all! - tunacat
Just so I can complete the stereotype, what car (and colour) was she driving?

;)
thought I'd seen it all! - OldPeculiar
My little sister (13 at the time) once spotted one of her teachers putting on makeup at the wheel. She took it upon herself to tell off said teacher at school the next day.......
thought I'd seen it all! - J. Peasmold Gruntfuttock
I drive a lot, and I see some crackers on a daily basis. It really makes me wonder exactly how these doofuses got a licence in the first place.
thought I'd seen it all! - Nsar
Maxi Factor?
Sorry TC no further stereotypes - it was a Nissan Primera :)
thought I'd seen it all! - Chad.R
Unfortunately you see behaviour like this almost everyday - I was out at lunchtime today and whilst waiting to turn left at a roundabout, woman in a MkIII Golf GTi pulls up alongside juggling a BigMac between hands as she changed gear, steered and fed herself. She also had a infant (in a car seat though) in the back!

Chad.
Well that was until this morning! Just seen a man in a van driving along past the local infant school, ignoring the 20mph limit with his mobile pressed to his ear and ....

.... his pet dog on the dashboard!

What is the matter with these people?
thought I'd seen it all! - Adam {P}
A sort of similar thing VM,

Near us, there's a lot of stupid 30 limits but there are also a lot of nice windy NSL's and one very straight NSL. Anyway, I was behind a Vauxhall Omega estate doing 40 in the 30. Turn onto possibly the straightest NSL road in the country! What does he do? Still 40. Annoys me slightly when there are no other prevailing conditions to make him do so...if it was raining or it was a windy road then you could understand it so I overtook. Completely clear, indicated - the perfect maneuver. Anyway, when driving past, he had a dog and a kid no more than 3 running around. The dog rand from the back onto the driver's lap....needless to say, got past him as quick as I could!
thought I'd seen it all! - Altea Ego
VM, I cant be sure about most things, but I can GUARANTEE you havent seen it all. You can be sure something will come along in the future to top the last one!
thought I'd seen it all! - NARU
I was talking to the lady who runs the cycling courses at the local primary school - she was putting out signs on the road informing drivers and asking them to slow down/be extra careful.

She said that the majority of inconsiderate and dangerous driving she sees when teaching the children is done by female drivers with a child in the back. Tailgating children on their bikes/using their mobile phone/unrestrained kids/inappropriate speed/dangerous parking/etc - I'm sure she hasn't seen it all, but it must come close! Alas, just in the 4-5 minutes we were talking we saw 7 out of 11 car drivers doing potentially dangerous things - things which a child cycling to school would find hard to react to.
thought I'd seen it all! - Mapmaker
I hope there wasn't a speed camera around the corner, otherwise the lady will end up in gaol.
thought I'd seen it all! - BrianW
I'm sure the little dears will soon learn to ignore red traffic lights just like their elders and betters !
Do they teach that at cycling proficiency?