Peugeot 406 - noisy engine when warm. - hdi22
i have a pug 406 hdi 90bhp but when warm the engine sounds very noisey like a really bad diesel engine please can someone help with any ideas. mazny thanks.

{Subject header amended. \"Help please!!!!\" won\'t capture your target audience. For further info please see my message on \'tips on posting to this forum\' at the top of the page. DD. BR Moderator.}
Peugeot 406 - noisy engine when warm. - Wee Willie Winkie
When you say it's very noisey what exactly do you mean? I've had a 90bhp 406 HDi abd it's a diesel. They're noisey by definition!
Peugeot 406 - noisy engine when warm. - Ben79
Does it make the noise at any specific engine speed?

Have you had the cambelt etc changed? When was it last serviced?

Peugeot 406 - noisy engine when warm. - DL
Possible crankshaft pulley problems.

See the HDI pulley pics in my signature for more info.

Common problem - do you have a ticking noise?
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link
i have had the car for a month and it has allways been noisey it has done 96000 so i know it is high miles. it had its service and cambelt done at peugeot dealer yesterday they say they checked the pullys ect but as it gets warmer the engine noise gets louder. with window down on acceleration you can also here a clicking noise at about 2-3000 rpm. sorry about the long reply and thanks for you help.
Sounds just like pulley noise - oh well if the Stealer has looked at it and said it's OK, then it must be OK............

^Was that sarcastic enough??
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link
i will have a look at the pulley tomorrow. stealer prob waiting for it to mess up totaly try and screw a bit more out of the customer. the other noise seems to be top end of engine
Peugeot 406 - noisy engine when warm. - kyle richmond
Hi i have a problem the same which appears between 200rpm and suddenly dissapears at 3000rpm, its like a clatter, the car has done it over a year since i got it and it does not seem to affect performance, wouldnt mind knowing what the problem is though because it is annoying
Do you get the noise when the engine is under load or can you hear it still with the car stationary?
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words.....
Peugeot 406 - noisy engine when warm. - kyle richmond
I only get the noise when the car is under load, if i rev it when its stationary it is not present, i remember i got the car diagnosed last year and they said there was a clutch fault code on the computer whether this has something to do with it i dont know