help leaking Rav4 - VTiredeyes
Hi all
Just got back from work, wife complaining of swimming pool in front passenger side of footwell.
and yes massive wet 1 inch of water in carpet, absolutly sodden.
looked under dashboard, water around wires on left hand side under dashboard.
Also leaking from the roof onto gearlever surround, middle front right hand side just to right of where you can put glasses case.
it is dripping 1 drip every 20 seconds.
where shall i take it>?
it has 1 month warranty left from honda garge where i bought it from or 1.5 years left on toyota warranty.
honda or toyota ?
thanks yawl.
help leaking Rav4 - Imagos
disconect the battery now, then i'd get in touch with garage first thing in morning if i was you.
thanks for that.
but which garage?
help leaking Rav4 - DavidHM
I would say Toyota, as they are more likely to have the part and experience in diagnosing similar problems with this car, if there are any.

If there are warranty issues for whatever reason, e.g., incomplete service history, non-standard parts, however, your contract is mainly with the Honda garage.

(You could argue that the original purchaser contracted with the supplier to be able to assign the benefit of any warranty to you and subsequent purchaser, but it's an extra layer of argument that is at least open to debate and likely to be futile while there is a perfectly good direct supplier to chase.)
nice one thanks!
had 6 inchs of water in from roof in the bucket i left in there last night !
help leaking Rav4 - No Do$h
You're not very lucky with cars, are you....
help leaking Rav4 - Dynamic Dave
You're not very lucky with cars, are you....

Wonder if it was previously a pool car?

help leaking Rav4 - BobbyG
Maybe the water is coming through all those extra screwholes in the number plate??? :)
help leaking Rav4 - madf
Well it sounds like the sunroof --you DO have a sunroof? - is either not properly closed or a drain tube is blocked . Leaves?

madf

LoL @ NoDosh
no sunroof.
no screw holes on number plates, they are stuck on :-P
I am just on my way to take to toyota.
water for pass footwell, looks like coming from inside behind dashboard. I had simular problem with rover216gsi, windscreen was stuck on. and always leaked in behind dashboard on left hand side.
i have no idea why it is leakin in from the rook, might have something to do with roof bars? they are origanal with the car.
swinehund cars! at least the wife can use puma to go 2 work in.
I have had no problems with my saab convertabile yet, what do you reckon?

photo temporarily removed

looks nice huh?
So you live in the Yeovil area?
nope, what makes you say that NoDosh?
the reg number?
just got back from Toyota, had a nice cappacino, and the blokes have given me a massive sheet to put over car while standing.
they are going to strip inside and do a water leak test, next tuesday. all covered under warranty. praise the warranty lord!
he reckons its coming in under the roof bars somewhere and running down.
nope, what makes you say that NoDosh?
the reg number?

::: Nods :::
help leaking Rav4 - henry k
LoL @ NoDosh
no sunroof.

Could it be the cat on the roof?
help leaking Rav4 - Mark (RLBS)
VTiredeyes,

I have removed your link to that photograph.

You are quite welcome to post it again, but if you want my advice you'll mask the licence plates first.

You're asking for trouble giving away that level of detail.

Up to you.
thanks mark.
help leaking Rav4 - AR-CoolC
Hi VTiredeyes

Any news yet ?? A friend of a friend is having similar trouble with his Rav-4, so was wondering if this (the roof bars) is a good route to follow.
Hi AR. dont know. taken in this morning, there are going to (so they say) strip out car and dry seats, carpet and underlay (underlay underlay, arriba arriba, said speedy gonzales!) i digres! my guess is it must be roof bars, how else can water dribble out of the headlining even above the level of the top of windscreen. water does not run uphill. (maybe if car was traveling fast on mway, but it hasent.) found water after car was sat on drive, after heavy downpour last week. will let you know on friday moring when we pick it up, i say when (should say if!)
Just had a call from Mrs ND to say the Laguna has its own Lagoon. Front passenger footwell not exactly awash, but it's starting to pool. No history of leaks in this car from new (1999 - previously owned by my brother) and still on original windscreen.

Have suggested she checks drain holes on door and sunroof channels/drain.

As I won't be home until Friday, are there any other areas she should be checking on a '99 "Evolution" shape Laguna?
NOT ROOF BARS !
it has had a replacement windscreen, its got rac or something imprinted on windscreen?
so they reckon windscreen seal.
not covered under toyota warranty, thanks but no thanks.
we will have to charge you.

i will take back to garage i bought from.
they said they will fix it for free. they can do they service while its in an all !

sorry dunno bout laguna. i wonder if the seals can disintergrate? also with body flexing, the seals can break?

it would only take a small hole, and a caphillery action to swamp a cars footwell.
im moving to southern spain. it would only take a few hours to dry up ! typical english weather