MR2 - sioinie1
I have the chance to but an x reg MR2 for 7k, it is the register as a Cat D. What does this mean and should I go for it? I have been told that only the hood, wheels and seats suffered at the hands of the crims.
Replies asap please.
Sion
MR2 - Dynamic Dave

Cat A:-
Scrap only (i.e with no economically salvageable parts and which is of value only for scrap metal) e.g total burn outs.
Vehicle must never reappear on the road.

Cat B:-
BREAK for spare parts if economically viable (Excluding any residual scrap value)
Vehicle must never reappear on the road

Cat C: -
REPAIRABLE but repair costs exceed the vehicle?s pre accident value (PAV)

Cat D:-
? Vehicles replaced under \"new for old\" schemes (say, 60% damage) which would not otherwise have been treated as total losses.
? Vehicles which could be repaired by insurer but written off to minimise hire charges.
? Constructive write-offs.

www.abi.org.uk/Public/Consumer/Codes/MotorVehicleS...f
MR2 - martint123
CAT D doesn\'t need a VIC check either, so that won\'t appear in the log book/V5. It will always appear as a CAT D writeoff for an HPI check and at a guess be worth 25% to 33% off normal price because of this.
keys - sioinie1
Having just bought my bargain MR2 from the auction I now find that I do not the key fobs for the remote central locking. I have been quoted approx 200 notes from a dealer for new ones. He says he needs the chassis numbers etc etc. Is he having me on, or does anyone else out there know of where else I can try.
keys - NARU
There must be an owners club out there who will know the answer to the key fobs. Google will find them