cavalier brakes - paulc924
Comments/suggestions would be appreciated. I wasn't happy with the condition of the brake fluid in my son's car and went for a complete fluid change. Thankfully none of the 4 nipples were seized and we started the job beginning at the rear first. At each wheel very little fluid came out for each stroke of the pedal and it took many strokes per wheel before there was say half an inch rise in the jam jar. No air bubbles were seen other when evacuating the plastic pipe at each go. I even tried opening each nipple a turn to increase flow but this did not happen. At the end of the job my wife, who had been topping up, commented on how little fluid she had had to put in. Subsequently the brakes are now spongy and I will have to have another go. Compared to attempts over the years this seems to have not been a success. What could be causing the problem-master cylinder maybe? Thank you.
cavalier brakes - Civic8
I would assume you used one of those pipes with a bearing and split in pipe ie one way valve.what can happen is if the nipple is left open during the pumping of brake.air can be drawn back in via the thread.what I do is.when told the pedal is down
tighten up the nipple so that air cant be drawn back in when the pedal is released.it is a longer way of doing it but it so far hasnt failed me yet.failing that have you checked out all wheel cylinders for leaks.?
Thank you for your reply. No I didn't use a split hose type- I did the same as you-as I have done for years-pedal down then shut nipple-pedal up then open nipple-lock off when complete.
cavalier brakes - Civic8
in which case you will need to check out wheel cylinders.rears are common if you remove the rubber dust cover or partially move it from mounting if wet inside it is leaking.master cylinder will need to be removed from servo to check seal.can be done without disconnecting brake pipes.other way to check master.although wont always work.undo filler cap when pedal is pressed then released bubbles appear on surface of fluid

hope that helps
cavalier brakes - pienmash
another good way is to buy a one man brake bleeding kit,get the one in the blue carton from halfords ,well worth it,its pressurised ,so it should work for ya,
Thank you.