i need tyres,but which ones??????help - pienmash
im from the east london school of motoring,i always buy 10 quid partworns,whenever i need tyres,but this time im going to buy new tyres,i would appereciate comments of recommendations,many thanks
pienmash
p.s. my motor is a pug405 on 14 inch alloys(which looks crap)
i need tyres,but which ones??????help - Civic8
you may have 14" alloys but I doubt cheap or exp/tyres will make it look any better.If you are as I gather any tyre will do mob.any local tyre merchant will do.depends on the type of driving ie town or whether you are a mixture town/country.I tend to stick with tyres that were recommended for car rather than anything goes.reason being they last longer.but thats my opinion.cheepies ok for town?
i need tyres,but which ones??????help - Joe 90
I have used Conway remoulds (must be balanced) on a Xantia 1900TD until I sold the car 6,500 miles later at £20 a corner, I was very happy with them.
you may have 14" alloys but I doubt cheap or exp/tyres will make it look any better.???????????????
(which looks crap) sorry you said it.and appologise for what I said.my point was cheap tyres dont always last as long as ones fitted as oem.sorry about that.
i need tyres,but which ones??????help - Ivor E Tower
(sigh) here we go again.....
Tyres are the only things that keep your car in contact with the road, so don't scrimp on them. Go for a "reputable" name and not remoulds. Shop around - there is usually a tyre dealer nearby with special prices from one of the company reps coming into play. The nationally known places are not necessarily the cheapest. Some prices can be obtained from the internet to give you a guide; try a search engine and use something like "tyres" and the place where you live as keywords.
lol mech 1,all i wanted to know, what brands are best for british road conditions????.
I agree with ivor on this I should have said before.their are no compromise on safety.I think he said it all but I think it says what I said before.cheepies arent the best.
i need tyres,but which ones??????help - SteveH42
Had an interesting one the other day from a chap at work. He claims that as there are only two companies supply the base rubber for tyres (no idea if that is true or not myself) the 'name' makes no difference as you will be getting the same stuff regardless of the cost.

Personally, I think someone's been feeding him a line - surely even if there are only two companies supply the base rubber there are still numerous compounds for different wear / grip properties, not to mention carcase construction and tread pattern...

The worrying thing is that he drives a sporty Beemer - on £35 tyres...
i need tyres,but which ones??????help - patently
Tyre companies sometimes think for a while about what shape they should mould the stuff into, apparently. Might help in the wet.
i need tyres,but which ones??????help - Marc
www.tyres-online.co.uk/marketing/brands.asp

The above article explains the rationalisation of the tyre industry. Five major players with a whole host of brand names for different markets
i need tyres,but which ones??????help - arnold2
try
www.etyres.co.uk
They come to your door to fit, and are much cheaper than any of the fast-fit places.