New car - zoom, zoom, zoom - volvoman
Hi all - not been able to post for a while but in the meantime I've picked up my new Mazda MPV. Having driven it a bit more now I have to say I'm very impressed with it. Haven't driven a diesel for about 20 years but it feels great and you'd hardly know it was not a petrol engined car. I live on a steep hill and it fairly raced up there no problem. I guess it feels a bit quciker than it is since it is a very large car but thus far the only disappointment is the turning circle which is nowehere near as good a my old RWD volvo estate. I knew this would be the case so no surprise, just a pity.

The car seems very well built and I like the simple display and controls. Compared to many cars it seems well equipped for the price and is a far superior offering to that of the Hyundai Trajet. In terms of perfromance, comparing the MPV with the diesel Trajet is like comparing Lawrence Dallaglio with Bill Beaumont.

Likewise finish, trim etc. seems far superior but of course you get what you pay for.

Anyway, so far so good. Very very pleased with it, especially the heavily tinted privacy glass which makes me feel like a real VIP. I'm thinking of having some nice stainless steel bull bars fitted too.
New car - zoom, zoom, zoom - Manatee
I trust the last sentence was mischievous? They should only be allowed when fitted at the saem time as the spike on the steering wheel!
New car - zoom, zoom, zoom - Altea Ego
Enjoy VM, there is nothing quite like the "brand new car" feel, one of lifes pleasures.
New car - zoom, zoom, zoom - Anglesey Ian
Mr Volvoman

How I envy you enjoying that new car smell.

'Stainless Steel Bullbars': nice touch...will accentuate its
latent individuality

AI

Ignorance is not knowing but 'not wanting to know'
New car - zoom, zoom, zoom - Andrew-T
I hear what you say, RF, but I don't agree. I dislike the plasticky smell of new cars, and I get more pleasure out of finding a nice used one which drives and looks as good without assailing my nose. And at half the cost.
New car - zoom, zoom, zoom - Altea Ego
I did say the "feel" of a new car, but with reference to smell I think it depnds on what car you buy. Fords used to be awfull, the smell of the glue was disgusting, Had a brand new Sierra once, and never got rid of the fishglue smell.
Re. the smell of a car - I much prefer the smell of my new Mazda than the Volvo it replaced :)

Oh, forgot to say, in addition to the bull bars I'm finding out about some chunky new tyres to assist when I'm parking on the pavement outside my son's primary school. God forbid my lovely paintwork or alloys get damaged by kerbstones, young children and the like.
New car - zoom, zoom, zoom - NowWheels
Hi all - not been able to post for a while
but in the meantime I've picked up my new Mazda MPV.

Great to hear you're pleased with it ... but time for the big question:

Are you going to change your name to MazdaMan? {grin}
NoWheels - once a volvoman always a volvoman :)

BTW - Thanks for the good wishes everyone.
New car - zoom, zoom, zoom - patently
I'm thinking of having some nice stainless steel bull bars fitted too.

Some blue LEDs would go nicely with them. As would a backwards cap and a serious sound system? ;-)
New car - zoom, zoom, zoom - No Do$h
You would have to get some "bling" chromed wheels as well. Standard size as opposed to oversize, for that authentic Jamaican minibus experience.

(Anyone who has ever been to the Caribbean will know what I'm talking about)
New car - zoom, zoom, zoom - Phil I
Do not forget the wheel spinners and the underchassis illumination effects either. I can foresee a totally different VMan appearing shortly adorned probably with the NIPs he has been avoiding up till now.

Slow down now whilst there is still time :-))

Happy Mazda Motoring (usually very reliable in my short experience with them - excepting the earlier rotary powered items)Phil I
New car - zoom, zoom, zoom - Mapmaker
In your name, I trust!
Yep, all in my name thanks to you MapMaker! Oh and BTW, don't mention 'trusts' ;)