Avensis Radio/CD manual - Solunauk
We just bought a 1998 Avensis 2.0 CDX at auction, and of course there's no owner's manual. I can figure out most things but the Sony radio/CD/cassette player seems hellishly complicated! Is there anywhere I might buy secondhand/download a manual? I assume my local Toyota dealer will want silly money, if they can get them at all.

Also, the interior light has me puzzled. I've been used to a three-position switch - on, off and on when door open, but this one seems to have only a two-position switch - on or off, opening any of the doors doesn't make the light come on. Something simple I've missed, or defective sensors in doors?

TIA
Avensis Radio/CD manual - No Do$h
You can buy them direct from Sony (model WX C570R) at www.sony.co.uk/support/faqinstmanuals.asp

Failing that, ring around a few local breakers yards. Should be an accidentally abbreviated avensis kicking around with one in the glovebox.
Avensis Radio/CD manual - Solunauk
Thanks, No Dosh. Do you know if the radio/CD is coded? I want to remove and charge the car battery, and I cannot find any mention of the code in the sparse documentation I have. It's not in the service book.
Avensis Radio/CD manual - No Do$h
For the life of me I can't remember. I had my Avensis back in '98 - '99. When I was having a quick trawl on Google for the above info I don't recall any reference to it being coded.

There's one for sale on E-bay cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3086...3

Perhaps worth pretending to be interested in buying the unit and dropping the vendor an email? Not that I condone such dishonest behaviour.....

No Dosh
mailto:Alan_moderator@honestjohn.co.uk
Avensis Radio/CD manual - MW
In my experience a better approach is to write to the manufacturers UK headquarters 'Customer Inquiries Dept.'With every new car I have had, I have asked....
1). Could you please help me with an owners manual.
2). Has this vehicle been the subject of a safety or product recall. VW once fixed a headlight switch for free as it had not been done. Give them the VIN number. This also puts you on the list for future problems.
3). Could you please let me have a list of UK and EU dealers.

SAAB and Fords were very good supplying everything for free. Mercedes typically said get it from a dealer. The manual was about £4. Still worth having.
Try writing to Head Office. The safety check alone is worth it.