Workshop manual for Merc A-class? - solara
I see Haynes do not currently do a manual for this car.
Anybody know of any alternative good sources?
Workshop manual for Merc A-class? - Peter
You might find if you go to Ebay and enter the car type details into the search engine you will be taken to a page dedicated to this car. In there, will be allsorts of servicing documentation. I bought a CD Rom for a Carisma, cost £5.00. The full servicing manual from Mitsubishi, much better than Haynes.
Workshop manual for Merc A-class? - patently
Don't forget the essential rule when working on a Mercedes model.

Once the problem has been explained in full, point out that you'll need to book the car in and that the earliest slot is in two weeks time.

Two weeks later, hand the car back and explain that you've diagnosed the problem as being a known one for which Merc have issed a kit, which you have ordered. The kit will arrive tomorrow.

All that remains is to book the car in, next slot is in two weeks time....
Tried ebay, only have cd manuals for upto year 2000 models. Nothing for A class (2001).
Workshop manual for Merc A-class? - Mapmaker
Try autocartec.co.uk

For £75 he'll sell apparently sell you the complete Mercedes servicing DVD. So you can service your Mercedes truck as well as your A-class... Haven't tried him, know nothing about him.
Workshop manual for Merc A-class? - Aprilia
These CD's and DVD's cost many hundreds of pounds from the dealers - the ones on Ebay etc. are obviously copies and therefore illegal. Has anyone every heard of sellers being prosecuted by Trading Standards or by the manufacturers themselves? I just wonder.....
Useful site:
baby-benz.com/portal/
Workshop manual for Merc A-class? - Sooty Tailpipes
I have asked dealers for these CDs and they claim they aren't available, but they don't seem to mind them on ebay. as enthusiast owners raise a marques perception, because there will be more of their cars on the road looking good even when they're old, so people will think they're long lived and durable.

My local dealers thank me for having parts print outs so they don't have to look them up themselves! and let's face it, the time I have taken reading up about my own model of car, and year, would be impossible for a technician to do at work, and then when you think they would have to do this for 20 or so other cars/years the whole thing is a joke. When I do let them work on my car, it's obvious they don't read the CD ROM!
Workshop manual for Merc A-class? - Aprilia
I have asked dealers for these CDs and they claim they
aren't available, but they don't seem to mind them on ebay.
as enthusiast owners raise a marques perception, because there will be
more of their cars on the road looking good even when
they're old, so people will think they're long lived and durable.

Not so sure about this. I know from reading a couple of newsgroups that BMW and MB have had a big crackdown on these CD's sold in the USA. Look on the US eBay site and you won't see them now. There are several prosecutions pending and there is a news report of one guy who sold them on eBay who's facing quite a few years in jail over there......