Insurance query - Dereksn51
My partner is selling her car 'cos she no longer needs it for work.She has full ncd but is concerned that when she cancels her insurance,the hard built-up ncd will disappear in the mists of time.If she were to buy another car in a couple of years time,how does she revalidate the accrued ncd?And how long do ins. cos.keep it live?
Insurance query - Myles
When I sold my 2nd car a couple of years back, I was told that NCB remains valid for up to 2 years. You need to supply proof of no claims to your new insurer when you take out new cover. Best to ask her current insurer for their position.
Insurance query - Cliff Pope
Wouldn't it be worth acquiring a very cheap car just to maintain the NCB? You needn't actually use it.
Insurance query - leigh1
When I swapped from a company car to a private car a year or so ago I found that some insurers would allow you to carry forward NCB for three years whereas some only allow two years. Eventually I went with Norwich Union as they offered this facility and hence a lower premium, although I changed to another insurer the next year.
Insurance query - Dereksn51
Funnily enough she's with Norwich Union Direct now so that may be good news.I did an on line quote from them(her ins is due at i April)and it was £178-not bad for a Rover 827 albeit with no protected ncd tpf&t and no legal.Sadly at the moment I can't give the car away so it's likely to sit in my drive for a long time
Insurance query - vercin
Hi

Some insurers, if you request it, will issue a letter at the end of the policy confirming how much NCB had been built up. In my case it was Eagle Star (now Zurich). However, this leter may only work for a couple of years as per posts above.

Regards

Vercin