Ex police cars (buying) - Chris Pearce
I would like to buy an ex police V70 T5 new shape or if possible something with the same safety and reliabilty,who should i seek out or visit for my prize motor. I see there is an auction of ex police cars at west Oxfordshire motor auctions any sites nearer to sussex or any help anybody could give a lost soul!!

many thanks
Chris
Ex police cars (buying) - Ivor E Tower
There are a couple of companies who advertise in Auto Trader, who sell ex-police vehicles. Volvos are usually a slightly different spec for the police than for the usual dealership sales, possibly no radio and holes left in the interior. Usually most have mega miles on the clock, will not have been driven too sympathetically (high speed chases etc) and may have been bent and repaired a few times too. They need to be cheap to offset these risks!
Ex police cars (buying) - carayzee
There was a thread on this a few weeks ago. The general consensus was Don't Buy An Ex-Police Car.
Ex police cars (buying) - Dynamic Dave
There was a thread on this a few weeks ago.

Yep, certainly was:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=19804

Ex police cars (buying) - Darren
There is an auction on in Leeds on Monday which has a Y - plate new style V70 going through, but this by no means is any nearer for you.

There is also a selection of S70 and V70 's from R to W plate going through and 2 BMW 5 series saloons.

There are a few other auctions around London / Essex / Kent that deal with Police forces direct.

I think that most of your local forces use West Oxfordshire for disposing of their vehicles.
Ex police cars (buying) - geoffster
I have run 2 ex police cars. A Senator & Omega, both ex Thames Valley cars from West Oxfordshire Motor Auctions. 100,000 miles when purchased 200,000 when sold ( still going strong). Allow for some expense to install stereo/ tidy dash. Thames Valley cars a lot tidier than other forces. Better tidied for sale, no holes in the roof and less messy dashboard, altogether they seem better looked after. Volvos always looked more of a mess when I saw them for sale, but they were from different forces. You will need to make a few visits to the auction to find what you want. Best of luck.
Ex police cars (buying) - Darren
I think your most local auctions will be the BCA where some of them have "Light Blue" sales once a month.

Leeds results were:-

Omega v6 estate '99 t-plate mot 11/12/04 121109 miles
sold £1500
Volvo s70 10v r-plate mot 23/07/04 87082 miles sold
£2200
Volvo s40 2.0T s-plate mot 01/09/04 71525 miles sold
£1975
Volvo s70 t5 v-plate no mot 123224 miles sold £2700
Volvo v70 t5 y-plate no mot required 107372 miles sold
£6000
Volvo s70 t5 s-plate no mot 116433 miles sold £2650
Volvo v70 t5 w-plate mot 12/05/04 119818 miles sold