Over a barrel, as usual? - tunacat
Isn't oil paid for in US dollars?

And doesn't the pound buy about 35% more dollars than it did a few weeks ago?

Shouldn't our fuel prices have dropped? (ok, maybe only by 35% of 20% of the total price)

Over a barrel, as usual? - Garethj
Once you take off the tax and the overheads cost of the garage it's probably not cost effective to send a man up a ladder to change the price on the sign.

I'm sure this will be the case when costs go up too....

Gareth
Over a barrel, as usual? - martint123
It's the dollar gone down, not the pound gone up. $ Doesn't buy as much as it did.

Over a barrel, as usual? - RichardW
Whilst the dollar has slid, the price of crude has gone up - I think you will find the price of a barrel of crude is almost the same in £ as it was a year ago. Price of crude has little to do with pump price anyway....

--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
Over a barrel, as usual? - Stargazer {P}
Richard,
Price of crude has little to
do with pump price anyway....

I believe that this might only be 50% true...the price of crude oil has nothing to do with the price of petrol when the cost of crude is falling, but when the price of a barrel of crude oil is rising then we get endless interviews from petrol company spokespersons claiming that the cost of crude has risen by X dollars so the price of petrol must rise by Y pence.

regards

Ian L.
Oil price rise. - AZ
Some time back there was a topic on why the price of oil is still high,when the $ is low against the pound. maybe this is the reason why. refer to link. news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3488310.stm