New Audi A6 - king arthur
Why have they made it look like a Fiat Doblo at the front?
New Audi A6 - Phil G
I like it, looks ballsy.

Not sure if HJ is right saying the new 3.0 V6 TDI is found in the A8. The new A8 has a V8 4.0 TDI and the old one had a 3.3 V8.
New Audi A6 - andymc {P}
Have to agree that I prefer the front end of the previous one - much more elegant in comparison to this one. That said, better handling, V10 chain-cam diesel engine ....
andymc
New Audi A6 - andymc {P}
Oops, V6. Must have been thinking of the VW Touareg.
andymc
New Audi A6 - NowWheels
I like it -- subtle, but characterful. I hope that BMW make young Bangle (and his successor) sit down in a room full of photos and study this example of how to make a car characterful without distorting it by wiggly squiggly design lines running randomly off to nowhere.
New Audi A6 - trancer
A huge improvement on the outgoing model, but then almost anything would be. I could never come to terms with the rear end of the old A6.
New Audi A6 - Phil G
OK, thanks HJ. Is the V6 TDI coming to the UK in the A8?
New Audi A6 - daryld
The new nose will be OK after the marketing department have done their bit.

I note that they are using cam chains on most engines..thank god for that. My neighbour is smarting from the £625 belt and water pump chnage on his A4....one of the reasons I went off VAG vehicles.
New Audi A6 - patently
Sorry - I don't like it. The old A6 was indeed elegant and subtle and I would have bought one had an Audi dealer been willing to return my calls (see previous posts). The front of the new one is odd looking, the grille is all the wrong shape and it reminds me of the Edsel. And the historians here will all know what that was compared to....

I haven't seen the rear of the new one in detail but the shots on Audi's site seem to suggest that at least that bit is tasteful.

Give me a Bangle 5 every time.
New Audi A6 - Phil G
Lots of hi-res press images available here: www.speedycars.net/wallpaper/audi_a6.html
New Audi A6 - Stonk
Looks interesting. Whilst I do like the present A6 (I did nearly get one - always had a soft spot for Audi), I always thought it a bit bland at the front.

I bet the new one looks better in the flesh.