v/hall carlton warning light - outkast
Hope someone can help.
The orange engine warning light(ECU) is coming on occasionally,Ive done the ecu readout with the paper clip and this indicates that;
oxygen sensor no change in voltage/open circuit.
Is this the lambada sensor on the exhaust or the air flow sensor next to the air filter?
Either way the car has started to almost stall when applying the throttle from standstill and has once cut out,its an auto box on a 24v 3.0 gsi.
I hope someone out there has some idea.
Cheers
v/hall carlton warning light - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
It is the oxygen sensor in the exhaust. Probably has failed and is failing to show a switching signal to the ecu. Check the voltage at the sensor black wire at 2000rpm, should show fluctuating between 200 and 800 millivolts (mv). I suspect you will see a low or zero reading.
Andrew

Simplicate and add lightness!!
v/hall carlton warning light - outkast
Cheers Andrew,
Ill try that,are these sensors easy to fit/remove or will it need to go to a garage?
v/hall carlton warning light - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
22mm spanner, get the exhaust nice and hot if it is stubborn when cold. I have had to resort to cutting the wires off to get an impact socket onto the hex with a long bar before now but dont use an impact wrench on it you may shatter the cat. One of the reasons I never use fast fit exhaust centres. They wade in with impact wrenches and air chisels. Far better to use an air saw to separate the system from the cat then deal with the remaining bit with heat to release the rusted bolts.
Andrew

Simplicate and add lightness!!
v/hall carlton warning light - NitroBurner
Hi outkast, sorry to hear you're havin trouble with the GSi...

'fraid it's a bit beyond me this one. Hope someone can lead you in the right direction & you can cure the fault.

Beemer gone now thank God - Got a Laguna dci 120 now, which I think is brill. 40mpg & good performance & good to drive!

Still miss the GSi though...

Good Luck with yours.