Which aftermarket alarm for Vectra? - GazKaz
Dear all!

Which is the best reasonably priced aftermarket alarm to fit to my Vectra LS? I would like it to also open/close the central locking when activated/de-activated.

Thanks in advance!

Gaz.
Which aftermarket alarm for Vectra? - mgk luton beds
most alarms adapt to orig wireing so just talk to auto elec and choose
Which aftermarket alarm for Vectra? - Blue {P}
Personally I would avoid Laserline, but go for a Thatcham approved Category 2 - 1 upgrade such as a Meta Systems alarm, I have found my current Meta to be excellent, the same cant be said for the Laserline that I used to have.

Blue
Which aftermarket alarm for Vectra? - Dynamic Dave
I second Meta alarms. I fitted one to my old Cavalier and never ever gave a false alarm. The flashing light also had a second purpose. Should the alarm be triggered it would tell you what caused it - door opening, current sensing, ultrasonic detection by the light flashing in different sequences.

To qualify for Thatcham catagories, you have to have it installed by an approved agent though.
Which aftermarket alarm for Vectra? - ianhad
I would, and have had fitted, a Hamilton&Palmer unit, they are Porche/Honda etc. aproved. Full Thatcham specs. Their phone number is 01732 760022, talk to Jin Gann.
Which aftermarket alarm for Vectra? - GazKaz
Thanks for your posts!

I am looking for an alarm which i can attach the central locking to as well, but it does not have to have an immobiliser as the Vectra comes with one as standard (transponder inside the key, I think!)

I already have a TOAD alarm fitted to my Saxo VTR (which I am in the process of selling), and the installers said that they would take it off the Saxo and install it into the Vectra, for 120 quid! I only paid 200 for it in the first place!

So basically, I want a good quality, no immobiliser alarm!

Thanks again.

Gary.
Which aftermarket alarm for Vectra? - smokie
IMHO an after-market alarm is a waste of money on an "ordinary" car.

You pay insurance (I hope!) in case it gets nicked

My insurers gave no discount if alarm fitted, and no discount if Tracker fitted.
Which aftermarket alarm for Vectra? - Dynamic Dave
So basically, I want a good quality, no immobiliser alarm!

You'll probably find that a good quality alarm will come with an immobiliser as standard fit, however it doesn't necessarily mean you have to wire that part of the circuitry into the car's electrics. Just tape up those wires and forget about them. Personally I would wire it in though - immobilising the fuel pump for example.
Which aftermarket alarm for Vectra? - nick
I'd recommend a Clifford system. I have a Concept 300 fitted to my Legacy. They seem to have a good reputation and the installers said they are the most reliable (but they would, wouldn't they?).
Which aftermarket alarm for Vectra? - Blue {P}
Thats what my Meta alarm is, as the car's immobiliser should already by thatcham approved if the car is relatively young, then you just add the alarm and your car is protected to Thatcham category 1 standards. I've even got my little thatcham certificate and everything :-)

Blue