renault clio diesel misfire - grae459
i have a 1.9d renault clio and starts a little ropey but then goes fine. But at only one particular point in the rev range it misfires slightly.What could this point to. Any help is appreciated.
renault clio diesel misfire - kennybase
when you say starts a little ropey, do you mean it doesn't fire up straight away?

If so, check the glow plugs - I used to have one of these cars, and had problems starting it - only to find that 2 of the glow plugs were dead, and a 3rd was almost gone!

renault clio diesel misfire - DL
Also check for air ingress into the fuel filter priming button...again a common problem. Suggest you 'pump' the priming button and listen for any air leaks. You can often hear a small air leak here.
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn/problems.msnw?Page=1 - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link
renault clio diesel misfire - grae459
thanks for your reply. Yes the fuel primer did go and i replaced it with another and it is working fine. Also all glow plugs were replaced and are working fine. When starting the car it will fire at the turn of the key but idles a bit erratically until you give it a good reving for a minute. After this at a certain rev range it will continue to idle erractically however a lot less than when just started.When the car has been running for 20 minutes this problem dissappears. Any help is appreciated.