Corsa drain plug - corsaman
I have a vauxhall corsa 1.0 12v -(The three cylinder one) and as the car is now 5 years old I have decided to undertaking some of the basic servicing myself. However the first problem was encountered late this afternoon. After jacking the car up to undo the oil drain plug I found I coundn't as it has a special type of plug fitted. Does anybody know the size and type of the socket I should purchase to enable me to change the oil.

Many thanks

Ian

n.b. if it helps its a 99 model, old shape

Corsa drain plug - DL
I think it'll be a Torx 40 size...

It might be prudent to buy a replaceemnt plug before tackling the job - they can be tight to remove, needing intervention from a punch/chisel.
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn/problems.msnw?Page=1 - Pictures say a thousand words.....
Corsa drain plug - John S
corsaman

If it's like the Astra and Vectra I reckon it'll need a 'Torx' bit. The plug will have a star shaped hole. From memory the size is 40 or 45, but it's a bit cold and dark to dive under the Astra right now to check! Probably worth getting a set from Halfords or the like - you'll find the car has many of these fasteners, and a Torx set comes in really handy. They are easy to get and not expensive.

Get a new sump plug washer too, when you get the oil filter.

Regards

john S
Corsa drain plug - corsaman
Thankyou for the info guys

Regards

Ian
Corsa drain plug - esky365
Vauxhalls can be prone to stripping the threads here coz the sump is softer steel than the plug. I always put a dab of silicone on the threads, then they need a little less torqueing up.
Corsa drain plug - pastyman
I have a 2000 model Vectra, if this has the same as yours it is a T45 torx fitting, also, although i am not sure of your particular model, if the drain plug has a rubber washer fitted, just a gentle nip up is all thats needed, same with a copper washer type affair.
Hope this helps.

Pastyman...