Omega OE Sat Nav Retrofit - Sooty Tailpipes
I've obtained a complete Vauxhall Omega Satellite Navigation kit from a person in Germany via ebay, but there are no installation instructions.

I have the Vauxhall TIS CD-ROM and there is some good info on there, but what I specifically need to know is where the socket on the car is for the six-pin multiplug that is on the SatNav's loom, the Vx CDROM seems to think you know already, but I've stripped the glovebox, kick panel and scuff strips off and can see the wiring looms, but the only two connectors are huge multipin ones.
Some instructions I have suggest removing pins from these with a special tool and inserting the pins on the wires of the satnav, but there are no wires!

If anyone can help, or knows of any good sites or forums, it would be greatly appreciated, it seems a silly little thing holding up the whole job!
Omega OE Sat Nav Retrofit - smokie
See this post - Robert is still active on this forum, and if you click on his name in the post you will find his email address.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=6180&v...f
Thanks, I did find him on an older thread, but I think he had a different login, as his full name was used, and nothing came up when clicked!
well, I've sent him a message now, fingers crossed.
Omega OE Sat Nav Retrofit - Altea Ego
I hope you know what "am folgenden Verzweigung Umdrehung Recht" means!
Omega OE Sat Nav Retrofit - AR-CoolC
Do you have a solar refective windscreen in your car ?? if you do then this will require replacement with a standard tinted screen as the solar coating hinders the signal to the sat-nav.
Omega OE Sat Nav Retrofit - smokie
I think you\'ll find you don\'t have this kind of screen in your Omega. Mine is R Reg and doesn\'t. I used a Snooper and now SmartNav with no problems.

I understood this was one of the French makes which use this glass..?
Omega OE Sat Nav Retrofit - AR-CoolC
Later Omega's do have reflective glass, and what happens is that when a screen requires replacement then it has been known for customers to ask for the reflective screen to be installed.
Robert Harvey sent me a good message, and I've been out every night with a torch, and think I can get cracking tonight.

Will this glass help stop the top of the dash reflecting off the windscreen in certain sunny conditions?
I would have this glass, if ever mine gets a stone chip.
Omega OE Sat Nav Retrofit - Altea Ego
ST

you dont want this glass if you have an internal SAT Nav antenna. It will block the signal. I have reflective glass and I have to use an extrnal Sat Nav repeater.

And no, despite the reflective glass on the laguna, the dash still reflects in the screen. One of the few things I dislike about the laguna is its visiblity thro the screen in some conditions.
Omega OE Sat Nav Retrofit - RobertH
Sooty
I think you might find that the Cd for the Sat fits on the Left side of the boot up under the parcel shelf and the Plug is there under the parcel shelf the plug for the display is under the glove box in the front it is a simple matter of pluging in, you then will need a Dual antenna on the back of the car some use a internal anttena and this is also situated behind the glove box but as someone as said reflective screens stop the signal so the outside anttena is best hope this helps. my mate and i fitted one in a CDX last year The wires are definitly there you will have to modify around the gearbox console for the control

Good look

Bob
Thanks again Robert.
Unfortunately, there seems to have been a huge alteration to my wiring loom, which is very suprising, as the car is not dodgy in any other way. There is evidence of largescale untaping and retaping of the wiring loom which extends from behind the pollen filter, behind the glovebox, the width of the dashboard, and down by the passenger kick scuff plate. Thankfully whoever did it, did a good job. The car must have suffered electrical gremlins in the past?

I've installed everything except the CD/computer in the boot, and need to pull the loom through from the rear footwell. I couldn't see any connector when I looked, but might do if I remove the trim, but now my own is wired up, I'll use this, as I couldn't find the other end of this wire at the glovebox end. I just soldered the 6 wires into existing wires.

My aerial went behind the triple information display, on a bracket.
Well, better get on and get a hole cutter too.

Thanks again!
Omega OE Sat Nav Retrofit - Oscar the omega
Sooty,

I noticed that you mentioned in your post that:

"I have the Vauxhall TIS CD-ROM".

Can you offer any help as I'd like to get hold of the CDROM for my Omega servicing, as I'm fed up with the circa £185 for vauxhall approved oil ad filter changes.

Any help you can offer with this would be much appreciateed.

Thanx.
Yes, I got mine off ebay, usually as a pair, parts EPC and servicing TIS.
Most info. is accessable, but some requires a hardware dongle.

Its good to be able to make a lsit of obscure parts without pestering the parts man for an hour.
Omega OE Sat Nav Retrofit - robert
I think I'm the Robert that Smokie means!

I did just this to my '98 MV6 - which was sold 11 months ago.

You have probably got it all sorted now - but if not then I may be able to help with any specific questions.

Regards ............ Robert
Thanks Robert, it works beautifully, thanks to you helpful people I have met on the internet, here and elsewhere. Just waiting for Vauxhall to meke some new CDs to load the English lanuage! However, I know all the german phrases for directions now!