Which tyres - Malcolm
The dealer from where I bought my new Civic Aerodeck from has given me a set of steel wheels also from a new car to enable me to take my alloys off for the winter-(yes I was actualy given them for free).
I have been pricing tyres and am amazed at some of the quotes I have been getting. Goodyear Venturas 185 60 14 were £268 +valves&balance at Kwickfit I phoned around and can get them for £160 inc valves & balance from Tyrespot (Tyneside).I can also get Pirelli 6000s for£172 inc.
What is the best buy bearing in mind they will only be used in the winter and I am not a fast driver,I do not want cheap make tyres that some tyre dealers have been trying to push on me.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Malcolm.
Re: Which tyres - David Woollard
Malcolm,

Are these prices for a set of four?

David
Re: Which tyres - Andrew Hamilton
My local tyre man will not supply Goodyear. Does not like the quality. Likes Michelin and Pirelli.
Re: Which tyres - honest john
Four P6000s fitted and balanced for £172 looks like a good deal to me.

HJ
Pirelli P6000 - David Lacey
Go for the Pirelli P6000's

They have a good tread pattern which looks as though it would disperse water efficiently.

Rgds

David
Re: Pirelli P6000 - Malcolm
I had half made my mind up and go for the P6000s because the Goodyears are directional and I did not like the tread pattern.
The price is for 4 tyres the spare being the steel wheel which came with the new car which is shod with with old pattern non directional Michelin Energy's.
So it looks like I will go for the P6000s tomorow, that is if the price is still the same.
Thanks, Malcolm.
Re: Pirelli P6000 - David Woollard
Malcolm,

I had to ask if these prices were for the set, there are some huge quote variations as you demonstrate.

You really can't complain at £40/45 a tyre for major brands. The only option would be a budget at about £25 and then there is a real chance they will feel terrible.

Not all such budget tyres will be bad but you can't take them back and you'll have them for years so they might as well be decent ones.

David
Quiet Tyres - Dave

My Skoda Octavia has high road noise.Can you advise on a low noise tyre please?
Re: Quiet Tyres - Mike
Pirelli P6000
Re: Quiet Tyres - Andrew Smith
I experienced a night and day difference in noise when moving from Michellin Pilots to Good Year NCT-5 s. I think most of this was because the Michellins where v bad but the Goodyears are better in almost every way.
Re: Quiet Tyres - Martin Wall
Article in Sunday Times had a bloke who apparently saved a lost of cash via:

www.tyres-sold-online.com (or .co.uk) - can't remember which

Are these prices good value?