Mondeo Valuation - LukeP
Hi all. I would appreciate if anyone could provide me with a sensible valuation for my Mondeo, which I am going to be offering for sale (privatley, possibly via Autotrader) over the next few weeks. The details are as below: -

1995 M reg (Feb 24th)
Ford Mondeo 1.8 Ultima
Electric Current Red Metallic.
90,000 genuine miles, has lots of history, some old MOT's. This model was a limited edition based on the '95 spec Ghia and has the following over the standard LX model: -

>Power, heated body coloured mirrors.
>ABS braking
>Twin front airbags
>Heated Front Screen (Recently replaced, still under guarantee.
>Sports style front seats (similar to Si spec) with power drivers operation, lumbar adjustment, rear headrests and armrest.
>Leather trimmed stearing wheel
>Volumetric alarm system (interior movement sensors)
> Ghia style alloys with 195\60\14 tyres.
>Metallic paint.

The car has had 5000 mile oil and filter services since I have owner the car (2 years). The origonal handbooks are with the car, and has had 2 previous owners. The car is MOT'd and taxed until Jan' 2004.

For those of you who are still awake I would appreciate it you could give me some kind of indication of its value.

Many Thanks in advance.

LukeP
Mondeo Valuation - king arthur
Anything other than a Ghia is very difficult to shift - I should know, I've just put an LX in for the third week....

I'd be cheeky and advertise it as "Ford Mondeo 1.8 Ghia spec", even so you'll be hard pushed to get more than £1200 for it.
Mondeo Valuation - Ben {P}
King arthur- what do you reckon i should advertise and expect to get back on a 99V Mondeo 2ltr Zetec estate in State blue. Full history, 66k miles, mot until mid aug 04?

Do you think its worth just leaving the car on autotrader online, or will i need to fork out for a magasine add.

I was thinking of £3995?
King arthur- what do you reckon i should advertise and expect
to get back on a 99V Mondeo 2ltr Zetec estate in
State blue. Full history, 66k miles, mot until mid aug 04?
Do you think its worth just leaving the car on autotrader
online, or will i need to fork out for a magasine
add.
I was thinking of £3995?

I'd always put the car in the magazine too, I would think well over 50% of calls still come that way whatever the car. Be prepared to take around £3500 for that one - but check in Autotrader first to see what they're going for in your area.
Driving to Uni tomo, so will have to sell in Newc. Prices can be quite low up there for some cars, but i have not seen any zetec estates up there on Autotrader.

Thanks, you have confirmed my thinking re web-site/magasine.
Mondeo Valuation - Miller
Are you the same Ben who had all the agro trying to sell a Mondeo a few months ago??

I'm a loser, baby....so why don't you kill me?!
Mondeo Valuation - blank
Luke:

I'm no expert as far as valuations are concerned, but the car sounds like something that someone in the Mondeo Enthusiasts Group may be interested in.

Find them at www.fordmondeo.org and make your own judgement.

Andy
Mondeo Valuation - Miller
I would say take a straight grand for it. Most Mk 1 models (pre late 96 facelift) are going for banger money now unless low miles and/or immaculate high spec models.

I'm a loser, baby....so why don't you kill me?!
I reckon a grand is plenty for that as well.
Mondeo Valuation - LukeP
Thanks all for your help. Think I'll put it in the Autotrader for £1195 and be prepared to come down to £1000.

Cheers

LukeP
Mondeo Valuation - Colin M
I'll put it in the Autotrader for £1195 and be prepared to come down to £1000

I'll take it! I think you meant £100? Be careful with your pricing here. Are you saying that you wouldn't be happy with a grand? If you would, personally I would put it in at £995 and have the phone rung off the hook and accept no offers than trying it on at £1,200 and ending up selling it for £1k anyhow.

At £995 you'll get people offering £800 - I often use £1095 if I'm looking for a grand. Good luck anyway.
Mondeo Valuation - LukeP
Thanks for all your replies guys. If I put it in at £1000, people will expect me to take around £850 which is too low for the car.
Mondeo Valuation - kithmo
In today's second hand car market i think you'd be lucky to get £700 for it private. The only way you're going to get a figure like £1200 is as a trade in on a car that is about £1000 overpriced (Carcraft). I just recently traded my 95 1.8 lx Mondeo with 70,000 milesand full history and only got £400, although it was at a car supermarket and the new car was £1500 under dealer prices.
Mondeo Valuation - Hugo {P}
The second hand car market really stinks at the moment.

I am advertising two Xantias

L reg 2.0 16v VSX top of the range trim, 73,000 miles part dealer service history to 53,000 excellent condition etc etc etc. Put it in at £695 hoping for £600, Autotrader - nothing.

P reg 1.8 16v LX 99,000, replacement engine at 18,000 very good condition £1000, again - nothing!

We need a few nutters on the road to write off the ones they have!

Hugo