Boot lock - Carisma - Peter
On the boot door of my Carisma, the lock has taken to acting like a normal car door lock. The car has central locking. It does not stay locked when the car doors are unlocked. This is now presenting a security problem. Any ideas.

TIA
Boot lock - blank
Peter:

If I interpret what you say correctly, the boot now unlocks when you unlock the doors, whereas it used to remain locked.
If I am correct read on, otherwise ignore my comments!

I wonder if the Carisma has the same or similar feature to many VW's where either mode of operation can be selected by the position of the boot lock when the key is removed. On my Polo, if you remove the key in the vertical position the boot (tailgate) locks and unlocks with the doors. If the key is removed int he horizontal position it remains locked independent of the doors.

Any help?
Andy
Boot lock - Peter
In theory, if the key slot is vertical the boot will unlock in sympathy with the the other doors, if the slot is horizontal then the boot should stay locked irrespective of the main doors. This is not happening on my motor. The boot unlocks in any position.

I spoke to the local main dealer who says in all probability that a motor in the boot lock has failed. This whole assembly is £102.55 ex vat + 1 hours labour at £55/hour ex vat. I think I'll struggle for a while.

Thanks for your assistance.

Peter
Boot lock - Aprilia
If the boot unlocks when the doors unlock then this suggests to me that the motor is *working* - I would think it more likely to be mechanical problem in that, when the lock barrel is horizontal it should be disengaging the lock motor from the lock mechanism.
If you put your ear to the boot lid and have someone operate the CL then you'll hear the motor operating.