Where can I get the new Fez tinted? - Blue {P}
Was just thinking today about what I could do to the new Fiesta with a small amount of money and I got to thinking about window tinting.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a window tinter in the North East, preferably Sunderland area that will be able to quote.

I only want a light tint to give it a little edge cosmetically, and of course I want it all legit so that Ford Insurance don't get snotty about it... Come to think if it, I'll have to check with them anyway...

But still, advice would be appreciated, as ever.

Blue
Where can I get the new Fez tinted? - AR-CoolC
Blue.
What model and year Fezzie do you own ?? If it has clear glass in it now you may want to think about replacing it with standard tinted glass if all you want is a light tint.

But if it already has tinted glass (standard after '95 IIRC) then look in the good old yellow pages under windscreens there will be dozens of people advertising.

Cheers
I'm getting a new MK6 early next month so it'll have standard tints already.

I want something a bit darker than usual, but not so bad that it impairs the visibility seriously, or that it becomes illegal.

I went and bought an Autotrader, and a local place that looks good in their advert will do the MK6 for £190 (including the rear windscreen), or do the tint plus apply security film to make the windows near unbreakable for £240. Sounds good to me... unless I roll the car and it catches fire of course!

Isn't the security film designed to be smashable from the inside? I don't fancy cooking whilst watching the fire brigade trying to smash their way in...

Blue
Stick on tinting.... - Mark (RLBS)
I don't know about this country, I've only ever used the stuff in South America.

However, there it seemed that the most important part of the whole thing was the application. Firstly to get air bubbles out, secondly to make sure that the window was clean enough to make sure the stuff didn't subsequently unstick and lastly to deal with the edges appropriately bearing in mind that the window rubs up and down everytime you open it.

Personally I really didn't like the stick on stuff, but its cheap enough.

Again the stuff in SA prevented you from breaking out as much as it prevented anyone from breaking in.

I probably wouldn't bother with the tinting since I think its an awful lot of trouble/expense for a marginal increase in appearance. And dark enough to really show must become a hazard to some degree, even if its legal.And I should think that actual tinted glass for a whole car would be frighteningly expensive.

Sun glasses which are fine in the day can become a nightmare in dusk, never mind at night and I would have thought that the tinted glass must be similar.
Where can I get the new Fez tinted? - AR-CoolC
As stated below its a case of making sure the job is done well, air bubbles just look a mess, the car is new so there are no real issues around the state of the glass in the car. If the windows are old and have some years worth of scratches and general chips, they stand out like a sore thumb when film is applied.

One more thing, the window does not become "unbreakable" it will still break just as easily, but will not fall into pieces as the film holds it all together.The fire brigades jaws of life will get through anything.

£190 sounds not too bad (is that for 3,5 or 7 pieces of glass)

It\'s for 5 pieces, it\'s got four side windows and the rear windscreen.

The reason that I\'m talking about the unbreakable stuff is the security film stuff which should make it *very* difficult to smash the glass and get in through the window I think. Of course you\'re right though, the jaws of life could probably cut me from a Hum Vee! :-)

I didn\'t think that the quote sounded too bad, they look fairly professional as well, check out their website at: www.autotintuk.com

I\'m seriously thinking about it, but it may have to wait a little while before I can afford it...

Blue