Primera New Steering Rack - Carl
The steering rack on my 98 Primera 2.0TD appears to be leaking, I can't see where at the moment, but the power steering fluid level looks OK and had not dropped in the last week.

Assumming the rack has had it, what is the going price for a new one? I have been quoted £400 from a Nissan Main dealer, but obviously Nissan buy them in from someone else

If the bellows leaking, or perhaps the oil seal where the steering column attaches to the rack, are these availible seperately?
Primera New Steering Rack - Aprilia
I think ZF (Zahnradfabrik Friedrichshafen - i.e. its German!) is the manfr. of these racks. They used to have a UK base in Nottinghamshire, probably still the case - but I would have thought an outfit like Power Steering Services would be able to repair the rack for you.
Primera New Steering Rack - Aprilia
Hang on, your statement, "but the power steering fluid level looks OK and had not dropped in the last week." doesn't make sense. What's leaking out then?
Primera New Steering Rack - Carl
After a great deal of looking around tonight by torchlight, I have found that the numbskulls who last changed the oil did not tighten the oil filter properly !!!

Oil is running down the filter and dripping onto the rack in the wind when the car is moving, seeing the rack covered in oil, I thought the worst