Convertible Hood - Garry
What can I use to clean perspex rear window on hood?Tried soap and water but some sticky substances remain.
Re: Convertible Hood - John Thomas
Bleach ?
Steamy Windows! - Guy Lacey
If the perspex (is it really perspex?) has discoloured and gone milky/hazy then any amount of cleaning won't help - the perspex has deteriorated due to UV light. Only solution is new screen.
Steamy Windows! - David Lacey
The only recommended cleaner to use is a mild detergent and warm water - these screens will mark very easily. Don't use thinners at all costs - perhaps try some meths?

Rgds

David
Re: Steamy Windows! - Guy Lacey
Eh? Don't use thinners and then u say use Meths? Both organic solvents that *may* attack plastic.

Try vinegar or lemon juice - dilute with some soapy water.
The Vinegar Strokes - David Lacey
I only suggested Meths as it is a more 'friendly' solvent and I have used it to to remove sticky messes before.

Just because you went to Kings College (London) at our parents expense, don't get baity with me! Why do you think Dad is still struggling along with his 1993 Sierra? It's me who has to repair the bl**dy thing and feel guilty about the repair bills...

But, perhaps the acidic lemon juice you mention will work.................dunno what else they taught you during that 3 years away.

BTW Vinegar is for chips and nothing else

Yours Sceptically,

David

PS Probably catch up with you tommorrow PM scrounging a cooked dinner from poor ol' Mum & Dad?
Re: Convertible Hood - richard price
There is a company called RENOVO www.renovointernational.com (i have no connection) may have the solution
Re: Convertible Hood - Robin Hall
Renovo do indeed sell a product called plastic window polish which has some glowing reviews on their website. I cant personally comment as I've not used that particular product but their range for Vinyl Hoods is excellent.
Re: Support for Guy Lacey - Stuart B
Guys suggestion about lemon juice is actually quite a sensible one. Since the ban on certain VOC cleaners in the Rio summit way back in 19?? many cleaners have been brought out containg orange extract lemon etc etc.

Not sure about the acetic acid/vinegar, though I must admit it stops our rabbit going for a tiddle where it shouldn't if that is any help.
Re: Sticky situation - Mark
Acetone is pretty good in a sticky (removal) situation.

Used to use it to remove stickers from motorcycle visors and it did the job.

However I don't know if you are still allowed to buy it.

as ever

Mark
Re: Sticky situation - Stuart B
Thinking about it what about that stuff actually called Sticky Stuff Remover, I think Lakeland Plastics sell it.

www.lakeland.co.uk