Fiat Scudo electronic Speedo Nil reading - chris007
Hi

1st post here.

I have had problems with my Fiat Scudo Speedo reading for some weeks now.
It sometimes "bounced", then read about 20 mph less than the speed I was doing, now it gives a nil reading.

The speedo is electronic. I have had the dashboard out and can only see two blocks with about 20 or so electronic cables.

However as the vehicle is used as a taxi, it is fitted with a taxi metre which DOES give a true reading. This indicates the problem maybe at the dash. (?)

I know the Scudo is the same vehicle as the Expert and Despatch vans so if anyone can help me I will be VERY grateful.

Cheers
Chris
Fiat Scudo electronic Speedo Nil reading - frostbite
I managed to cure a similar fault on my Scorpio speedo by removing one of the bulbs from the rear and spraying WD40 into the hole.

In this instance I noticed that the mileometer was working normally, just the speedo needle inactive.

HTH
Fiat Scudo electronic Speedo Nil reading - frostbite
P.S.

If you do try this, be warned the liquid will dribble out, so don't sit with it in your lap!
Fiat Scudo electronic Speedo Nil reading - Sam1973

I had the same problem, it seems to be the speedo motor that is at fault, got a new replacement one from www.akspeedo.com work perfect straight forward job to change, hope this helps out cheers Sam