Ford Ka - Radio Code Required - Johnster

Hello wise sages !

I had to replace the battery in the wifes car today as the old one was dead and it just "clicked" when i tried to start it.

IT WORKED !

The wife's car has now come back to life !

However, the "War Department" is now unhappy as the radio now says "CODE" on the front and doesn't work.

I found out how to take it out and have found a "Serial Number"

V009917

Part Number 7s5t-18c815-da

She is not happy and says that I will have to pay Ford to get it working :(

I don't know why I bother.

Can anyone help me please ?

John.

Edited by Johnster on 26/03/2017 at 18:58

Ford Ka - Radio Code Required - elekie&a/c doctor

Sadly,not on this forum.Ford main dealer or flea-bay are your options.

Ford Ka - Radio Code Required - RobJP

Apologies, but you'll have to go to one of the paid services or a Ford dealer - we only have access to 'M' serial numbers, not 'V' ones.

Some services claim they can do V codes for 'free'. But then you have to sign up to 'offers', and give out your email address - which basically means getting spammed to hell until you change your email address. So if you want to go with one of those, then having a throwaway email address all set up might just be a good idea.

The paid services are something like £7 or £10. I believe Ford dealers are considerably more expensive.

Ford Ka - Radio Code Required - Johnster

Oh dear...

She is going to kill me !

What do they say about "never a good deed goes unpunished".

Next time, i'll leave it to her...

Thanks all, for your help. I'll have to contact Ford tomorrow :(

John

Ford Ka - Radio Code Required - elekie&a/c doctor

If you have a friendly local indy garage that has a good relationship with the Ford parts dept,you may be able to get the code for free.Worth a go.

Ford Ka - Radio Code Required - Galaxy

I've just had a very quick look on Ebay and you can get a Keycode for a Ford Radio "V" serial number for as little as £1.25! Most sellers are probably OK, just check their Feedback before doing a deal. It's really not a great deal to risk, anyway, is it?

Edit....This one's even cheaper, 99p!

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-V-Radio-Code-Instantly-Ret...5

Edited by Galaxy on 26/03/2017 at 23:29