Citroen c5 2011 vtr+ - Heater blower not working - ste f

Can anyone help with a problem with my citroen the blower has stopped working it still lights up but doesn't blow no matter what speed setting its on fuse is fine

Citroen c5 2011 vtr+ - Heater blower not working - RobJP

Sounds like the resistor has failed.

Do NOT just change the resistor without investigating - PROPERLY - why it has failed. If you do that, you risk your car going on fire - this is what has been causing all those Zafira fires.

You have been warned ...

Citroen c5 2011 vtr+ - Heater blower not working - ste f

Any idea were the resistor is located to test it ?

Citroen c5 2011 vtr+ - Heater blower not working - elekie&a/c doctor

As this has climate control,then it is more likely to have an electronic speed regulator rather than an old fashioned resistor.This could be faulty,or possibly the motor itself.Very likely that both parts will be located up under the dash,behind the glove box.

Citroen c5 2011 vtr+ - Heater blower not working - Greg2791

I had an intermittent issue with the blower fun not working (Citroen C5 MK III mK3 2010). It happened 3 times in 2 years, when was cold then after couple of days the fan started again. Today (4th time the fan is not working) I decided to fix it. The blower resistor (it is not resistor but electronic module - voltage controlled fan speed controller).

Resistor is located around passenger right leg (uk version of C5).

1. Remove the cover at passenger ankle.(one screw)

2 Remove the passenger glove box (plenty of screws) first of all disconnect the box door by removing two white plastic pivots in direction to the middle of the car(box hinges). -small mirror or phone camera may help.

3. Find the resistor which is located in the blower housing quite high - rather closer to the engine behind the air conditioning silver pipes. It has plug with 4 wires. grub the resistor housing, turn left and pull out.

1- GND (-) - green yellow-very tick

2- Signal - white-ish small diameter

3- Motor(-) - black very tick- motor power controlled by the module

4 - +12V red, tick - module power(not motor)

4. Diagnosis:

a) Blower:-resistor connector: short 1(green yellow) and 3(black) through multimeter 20A. start the engine - The blower should run on full speed - current should be around 10A.

b)Module: 9off the car) Connect 0v to pin 1 then +12V to pin 4, then a car bulb 21w between the pins 4 & 3. If bulb lit - module is faulty (possible transistor SUV90N06). Connect multimeter on diodes between 1(-) & 2(+) my has around 3 V open) - the bulb is lighting - module looks OK.

So I did all above, and everything looks good - when I assembled it back - it is working. Still do not know what was the root cause - I think the module cold soldering - so I tried to re-solder as many electronics elements as possible.

Citroen c5 2011 vtr+ - Heater blower not working - andrew bairsto

The main cause of the Zafira fires was the wrong fluid put in the air conditioning and cheap non Opel parts according to Opel.

Citroen c5 2011 vtr+ - Heater blower not working - PBrn
Lots of good advice on this thread. I have a Citroen C4 VTR+ with climate control which has a similar circuit to the C5. After dismantling and seemingly curing the problem of the blower stopping I decided to remove the detachable loom which connects the main loom to the blower and transistor module and check its continuity. When I detached the main loom connector I found that the live feed receptacle had melted in the connector body and no longer gave a good connection to the pin (which seems pretty small in csa). I cut the wires from the connector and joined the wires with 35A yellow butt crimps. The blower now runs again. Will have to monitor this repair for a while to ensure that the fan is not faulty and drawing too much current.
Citroen c5 2011 vtr+ - Heater blower not working - tomriddlepotter

Hi everyone

i'm mike and new to this forum.

i'm having a wee issue with my C5 as everything for fine up untill monday morning when i jumped in the car started it up and realised that the blower isnt running and therefore cannot demist the windscreen.
i have found loads of links regarding this issue on the older version of the C5 but not mines which is the 2010 model.

mines is the 2010 VTR+ Nav model so has the climate control and all the temp display etc lights up, but only seems like the fan isnt running.

Monday morning was minus 4 here and this shouldnt have affected the fan.

does anyone have any ideas or experience on this problem?

Edited by Avant on 29/09/2019 at 13:52