Polish on trim - Richard
Does anyone know the best way or product to get rid of polish which has got onto the black trim, ie. bumpers, door handles and mirror casings. At the moment it looks horrible with white stains. No it wasn't me, but an over enthusiastic car preparation cleaner.
Re: Polish on trim - Roger Jones
The Autoglym range has something for every problem. I think I used their intensive tar remover to eliminate some very persistent stains on a plastic underskirt and then their bumper care stuff to finish it. Visit www.autoglym.co.uk.
Re: Polish on trim - Robin Hall
I've found that most of the trim/plastic cleaners will get rid of these stains such as Back to Black by Simoniz. It may need one that has some colour in it such as the Black Car Wax which I think is made by CarPlan. I've no doubt the Autoglym products are excellent but they are also expensive. I'm assuming the trim is textured in which case an old toothbrush (or new if you're feeling extravagant) helps.
Re: Polish on trim - Vin
Halfords interior trim cleaner. Smells like dry cleaning fluid, cheap and very effective, gets rid of the unsightly stains with little effort. Also very good on interior trim, strangely enough.
Re: Polish on trim - Stephen Worth
After using Auto Glym polish I had this problem on my Corsa "black bits" and found Auto Glym Bumper Care worked brilliantly
Re: Polish on trim - Marc
I thought Autoglym Super Resin was fairly unique in that it simply rubbed off black trim (unlike most other polishes)
Autoglym. - David Woollard
Have just been doing the Xantia ready for our hols, same problem with polish over the black bits.

Found the spray cans of "back to black" type stuff only so good, Autoglym in a trigger spray was the best. Much thicker material and really took away the white deposits, lemon smelling as well.

I like my bumpers to smell nice!

David