2013 Ford Fiesta Titanium 1.0 T - Seat Belt warning - Ben 10
Seat belt dash warning with chimes coming on intermittently when the driver is wearing the seat belt securely and in the correct buckle housing.
I have had a look under the seat and can see no cable fraying or loose wires. There is a black block at the offside front of the seat cushion which the pre tensioner cable terminates in, along with another smaller cable. This runs from the buckle area, under the seat to this block.
It looks like a relay. Could this be the culprit? Or is it more to do with the buckle housing?
Thanks in anticipation for any replies.

Edited by Ben 10 on 24/10/2016 at 19:29

2013 Ford Fiesta Titanium 1.0 T - Seat Belt warning - elekie&a/c doctor

The black block under the seat is a connection point(no relay).More likely a fault with the seat belt stalk,which incorporates a switch to signal the system the belt has been fastened.

2013 Ford Fiesta Titanium 1.0 T - Seat Belt warning - bsm
Are you placing a heavy bag or similar on the passenger seat, with the seatbelt not fastened? I'd get a warning in my Honda CRV with laptop bag on passenger seat.
Cheers Mo
No. Nothing heavy. I read a few internet postings that suggested that.

I was hoping elecky was going to post. I wonder how much replacements are going to be? Its so annoying but worth the cost I suppose. Is it simple enough for a DIYer like me or is it an auto electrician job?

Edited by Ben 10 on 24/10/2016 at 21:41

2013 Ford Fiesta Titanium 1.0 T - Seat Belt warning - elekie&a/c doctor

Does not look too dificult to remove,but the seat may need to be unbolted from the floor to access the belt stalk bolt.I wonder if the stalk could be swapped with the other side for test purposes?

2013 Ford Fiesta Titanium 1.0 T - Seat Belt warning - Simon
Try the simple things first, spray a bit of WD40 in it and work the buckle in and out a few times.
Theres no problem clicking into place, it appears to be a sensor inside that's gone rogue.

Edited by Ben 10 on 25/10/2016 at 23:52