Jaguar xtype 2.0 diesel 2004 - Removing diesel pump .x type jaguar 2.0 diesel - raysheppard

.hi .I am taking the injector pump out of my x type diesel.there is a round inspection cover on the tin casing .can I remove the pump with out remove the case or does it need too be removed.any advise .thanks ray.

Jaguar xtype 2.0 diesel 2004 - Removing diesel pump .x type jaguar 2.0 diesel - elekie&a/c doctor

Unless you have the correct engine timing chain locking tools,I would strongly advise to leave well alone.

Jaguar xtype 2.0 diesel 2004 - Removing diesel pump .x type jaguar 2.0 diesel - Peter.N.

If its a common rail engine as I suspect it doesn't have an injection pump as such it uses a continious high pressure pump which pressurises the fuel rail, they very rarely fail, its possible yours could of course.

Jaguar xtype 2.0 diesel 2004 - Removing diesel pump .x type jaguar 2.0 diesel - raysheppard

hi thank you for your sugestions but do i need to remove the complete timing chain cover ,i have changed the pump on a transit which is simliar and i removed it, ,why is there a round inspection cover there unless the pump could be un bolted and released through it,thanks ray.