Vauxhall Zafira A - error codes - BDO or BDO2. 52 plate Zafira - Pigs might fly
Hi, I'm not sure if this has been asked before? If so I apologise. I have a 52 plate Zafira 1.8 auto which I rarely use so when I do use it the battery is usually dead, but after a recharge it'll start first turn of the key, here's the but every time weird things happen with the indicator lights on the gear change console and the dash also it'll go into safe mode (although I can manually change gear no problem) after running around for a while and a few ignition off and ons the lights on the gear change console sort there selves out and it starts running as normal but the Traction Control (car skidding in a triangle) and the Engine Electronics (car with a spanner on top) stay on. This has been happing for years. I brought the car when it was 6 months old but unfortunately I had an accident at work which has left me disabled hence the reason I don't use it much. Last time I had the oil changed the chap that did it brought a diagnostic scanner with him and reset the lights, this time I thought I'd buy a scanner and do the job myself. What I need to know is is my car OBD or OBD 2? I've lost his phone number so I can't ask him. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance. Trev.
Vauxhall Zafira A - error codes - BDO or BDO2. 52 plate Zafira - elekie&a/c doctor
It is obd 2 compliant,however cheap scanners are only likely to give engine info,not transmission or traction systems
Vauxhall Zafira A - error codes - BDO or BDO2. 52 plate Zafira - Railroad.
EOBD, (or OBD II as it's known in the USA) is for engine emission data only, and legislation requires that all cars are compliant. For all other systems diagnosis, including engine data you will need more specific equipment. Cheap scantools have their place, but their functionality is very limited. I am yet to know of any one diagnostic tool that literally does everything.
Vauxhall Zafira A - error codes - BDO or BDO2. 52 plate Zafira - Pigs might fly
Thanks for the prompt replies. Will these cheap scanners turn the lights off?
Vauxhall Zafira A - error codes - BDO or BDO2. 52 plate Zafira - Railroad.
If you have an emission related fault, and the MIL lamp is illuminated then yes, any EOBD scantool which supports the protocols for EOBD should do the job. If the fault is non-emission related, and manufacturer specific codes are set, or if the fault relates to any other controller on the car then almost certainly your scantool won't work.
Vauxhall Zafira A - error codes - BDO or BDO2. 52 plate Zafira - jc2
Be warned that EOBD and OBDII whilst similar are not identical-make sure whatever you get is EOBD compliant.