Best car to buy - DieselMan1966
Hi All

first post, I currently have a 307 with the 1.6HDI unit and I'm considering changing it in November for a similar vehicle. As I cover around 20,000 miles per annum, I am looking at a diesel, preferably a hatchback without the dreaded Dual Mass Flywheel. So an automatic or a one with a new flywheel

I'm aware these engine have a poor reputation for injector seals and Turbo failures, I've recently done the seals on mine and still have plumes of white smoke in the morning on a cold start.

Do the 2ltr HDI units suffer the same problem? I was considering a Peugeot 3008, however all the ones ive seen have the 1.6 unit.

Should I be looking for a Focus/ Astra? if so what are the common problems.

Thanks

Best car to buy - Avant
New or used? You need to tell us your budget, or any advice might not be any use to you.
Best car to buy - slkfanboy

Personally doing 20K a year should not be too taxing for any car. If you want to get away from the Pug issues dont buy another one. Japanse are are very reliable and ford focus worth a look.

Best car to buy - Gibbo_Wirral
The 2L engine was much more reliable than the 1.6 for some reason. I don't know if its because it was just a better engine or there are more 1.6 engines out there skewing the data.

There's a good active group of 3008 owners on peugeotforums.com they can give you honest advice about what the car has been like to own rather than tired old stereotypes of avoiding French cars and plumping for a Japanese one.

This link from May is from a prospective buyer in the same boat as you:

www.peugeotforums.com/forums/3008-45/looking-purch.../

Edited by Gibbo_Wirral on 21/07/2016 at 14:03