Avis France rental exorbitant charges - brum
Son hired a car in France for a couple of days while he went to one of the euro matches in Ma***illes. Came back and a few days later got a postal parking fine for 17 euros - annoying but fair do's. No indication of parking restrictions in the street concerned and tons of others parked there. Might be something to do with how he was parked (parallel).

Over a month later get notice from Avis they have taken 35 euros from his credit card for admin costs in relation to this fine, no appeal possible, presumably they just
gave out his name and address. How they can justify that is beyond me, remind me to cross Avis off my list of hire companies.

My son seems to have crossed France off his list of holiday destinations.
Avis France rental exorbitant charges - oldroverboy.
Cheaper than in the UK.!

I have given up hiring cars in the EU.
Avis France rental exorbitant charges - NARU
It'll be in the small print he agreed to.

But at least twice as much as should be reasonable.
Avis France rental exorbitant charges - jc2
Don't ever rent at an airport;take the coach into town and rent there.
Avis France rental exorbitant charges - FP
"Don't ever rent at an airport;take the coach into town and rent there."

Unhelpful generalisation; I've had excellent deals both at the airport and also locally near my hotel. It pays to do your homework and pay in advance - and to avoid brokers and deal with the rental companies direct.

Refuse excess insurance at the point of hire, but ensure you have taken out excess insurance before you leave home.
Avis France rental exorbitant charges - Smileyman
Company I work for hired car in the UK, someone got a parking ticket which the hire company paid then passed on with a similar admin fee. There is also a charge to let police know driver's details in the instance of any NIP's being issued. All part of the T&C's.