Xsara hdi sx - stator
Im thinking of buying W reg 110 diesel at 40 k what are they like to own and drive
Xsara hdi sx - volcane
I bought a july 01 xsara hdi 110 just before christmas. It had 40k and was almost immaculate. i have put 5k miles on the car since and am mostly pleased. I had a lower crankshaft pulley replaced under warranty as well as getting the front bumper resprayed due to peeling lacquer. The rear view mirror vibrates at low revs and high gear, I'm getting that replaced.
The car is powerful and quiet and its easy to get 50 mpg. tax is also low at £110.
The dash is plasticky and has an occasional rattle my radio reception isn't great and the speakers could do with an upgrade.
Overall its a great car for the money. I paid 6.5k along with a trade in. The boot load liner is good and its easy to fit the cd changer alongside it.
Xsara hdi sx - Ben79
I drove the 110 HDI engined Xsara and loved every minute of it. The HDI engines improve with age.

I currently drive a 1.4 Xsara and love car.

Have you also considered the C5? Similar prices to the Xsara, similar fuel consumption and insurance groups.

Ben