Mazda6 sport nav/Nissan Qashqai acenta premium. - Mazda6 v Nissan Qashqai - Phil_Mi

I am particularly interested in comfort. Which of the Mazda6 sport Nav or the Qashqai 1.5 Acenta Premium would you say gives the best ride on uneven surfaces.

Edited by Phil_Mi on 24/06/2016 at 19:51

Mazda6 sport nav/Nissan Qashqai acenta premium. - Mazda6 v Nissan Qashqai - RobJP

'The best ride' is a mix of comfort (from seats), 'give' in the suspension (to absorb bumps), firmness in the suspension (to aid in cornering stability, and so it doesn't feel like a barge), along with the steering feel, and a myriad of other factors.

And as such, what is good for one person might be terrible for another. So the only real way of telling is to get both for a proper test drive.

Mazda6 sport nav/Nissan Qashqai acenta premium. - Mazda6 v Nissan Qashqai - Avant

I agree. I think you'll find when you test drive them that the Nissan has comfier seats and a softer ride, but the Mazda is firmer and more fun to drive.

The Mazda CX-5 is a closer rival to the Qashqai.

Mazda6 sport nav/Nissan Qashqai acenta premium. - Mazda6 v Nissan Qashqai - madf

Only the brave buy Mazda diesels.

Mazda6 sport nav/Nissan Qashqai acenta premium. - Mazda6 v Nissan Qashqai - concrete

Only the brave buy Mazda diesels.

Why?

Concrete

Mazda6 sport nav/Nissan Qashqai acenta premium. - Mazda6 v Nissan Qashqai - madf

There are still reports of failures- oil dilution in sump through diesel.

Mazda6 sport nav/Nissan Qashqai acenta premium. - Mazda6 v Nissan Qashqai - Warning

I test drove both the Mazda 6 (2012) and Qashqai 1.6 N-tec (2012). Both petrol / manual.

I found the Mazda suspension was a bit stiff on speed bumps, but on the Qashqai, I could feel every minor crack on the road (which I would never have felt in my car). The Qashqai gear change was slick, compared to the Mazda 6.

I might be swaved by the Mazda 6 (2012), as it had a really good sound system, but you need to check if they have carried this to the new Mazda 6. On the new Qashqai the sound is 'okay'.

I can't comment on the new generation of both cars, as I did not test drive them, but have sat in them in various car dealerships...

Both cars are reasonably good.

Mazda6 sport nav/Nissan Qashqai acenta premium. - Mazda6 v Nissan Qashqai - kiss (keep it simple)

Just by coincidence, I was a passenger last week on a long journey in a 2015 Qashquai. I am not sure what model it was but it is the first time in many years that I had an aching bum. I couldn't believe it in a modern car! I have hired dozens of vehicles over the years and never had that problem. Apart from that, it seemed quite nice. The ride was OK and the Diesel engine was quiet. It was an auto but the changes were very smooth.

Edited by kiss (keep it simple) on 26/06/2016 at 22:29