Ford Focus Estate - 2015 Focus 1.6 TDCi Brake Fluid Reservoir Leak - Craggyislander

Hi folks

I own a 2015 Focus 1.6 TDCI estate with 18k miles.

Over the past few days I've noticed brake and clutch fluid seeping out from under the reservoir cap. (The reservoir is shared for both systems).

The level is just above the minimum and the amount coming out is small ( a drop or so every 24hrs). I have checked the cap is tight but any suggestions as to why it is doing this?

Not seen these symptoms on any other car I've had in the past and both brake and clutch functionality is normal.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Craggyislander on 17/04/2016 at 18:47

Ford Focus Estate - 2015 Focus 1.6 TDCi Brake Fluid Reservoir Leak - andyp

As its still under the manufacturers warranty wouldn't the best thing to do would be to take it to a Ford dealer for them to investigate ?

Ford Focus Estate - 2015 Focus 1.6 TDCi Brake Fluid Reservoir Leak - elekie&a/c doctor

Not too sure how that is possible ,as the fluid level is lower than the cap.The only thing I can think of ,is if fluid is being syphoned up the fluid level sensor (somehow)

Ford Focus Estate - 2015 Focus 1.6 TDCi Brake Fluid Reservoir Leak - Craggyislander
Yep it's booked in, just seeking opinions/advice in case this has been seen before.