Ford Focus Saloon - 1.6 to I cut out - kenny1978
My focus 1.6 tdci started fine I went to turn around and it just cut out,it would turn over but not fire.it showed no fault codes but did start with easy start ran fine for a week and then same again tried a different diagnostics machine again no fault code but fired on easy start and seems to run ok again but don't know when or where it will happen again. HELP?

Edited by kenny1978 on 10/04/2016 at 15:48

Ford Focus Saloon - 1.6 to I cut out - John F

Fuel pump?

Ford Focus Saloon - 1.6 to I cut out - gordonbennet

Next time it fails to start, if it has a hand primer under the bonnet, give that a few pumps till it goes hard then see if the engine starts, if it does then it possibly points to a fuel pump problem as JohnF suggests, i have a feeling there is an pre pump in the fuel tank in these which can give these symptoms.

Edited by gordonbennet on 11/04/2016 at 09:58

Ford Focus Saloon - 1.6 to I cut out - elekie&a/c doctor
Unfortunately no hand primer or in tank pump on these.i would be looking at possible air in fuel system or injector problem.you will need to monitor actual fuel pressure on the diagnostic system during the no start condition .
Ford Focus Saloon - 1.6 to I cut out - slkfanboy

Easy start will kill your engine, go sparingly . Sounds like lack fuel. Fuel filter pump are a good place to start.

Ford Focus Saloon - 1.6 to I cut out - kenny1978

There is a slight chuffing from the injectors,but have seen cars run on alot worse, I was thinking fuel pump but would this be less Intermittent?