can u check if cars been leased - davidoneman

hi is there anyway to do a check to see if a car has been leased , as im looking at buying a car but wouldnt want a car thats been leased as in general people wouldnt look after and drive the car as they would if they owned it.

can u check if cars been leased - Falkirk Bairn

HPi check will tell you if there is finance on the car - whether HP or leased will probably be hidden.

Presumptious to say a leased car will be poorly looked after.

The lessee is responsible for servicing & any damage so is equally liable to pay for a poorly looked after car. Similarly a buyer will see a poorer 2nd hand value if it is neglected.

can u check if cars been leased - TedCrilly

It might come as a shock to you but private owners are quite capable of neglecting their vehicles too

As for peple not looking after leased vehicles.......I guess my wife (and I) must be exceptions.

can u check if cars been leased - bathtub tom

Look up the previous owners on the V5?

can u check if cars been leased - RT

hi is there anyway to do a check to see if a car has been leased , as im looking at buying a car but wouldnt want a car thats been leased as in general people wouldnt look after and drive the car as they would if they owned it.

All the company cars I had were leased - they were maintained at least as well as my own cars subsequently - it's easy when you're spending someone else's money.

Most private buyer lease new cars these days as well as companies.

can u check if cars been leased - focussed

We have a system here in France where before you can sell a used car you are required to supply the purchaser with what is called a certificat de situation administrative (non gage et non opposition) which certifies that at the time of sale there is no finance owing, the car is not security for a loan, how many owners there are and there are no outstanding traffic fines registered to the vehicle.

Just done online by putting the reg no in to a government website. and print it out.

Could be a good scheme for the DVLA to develop if they were't spending all their time trying to fine car owners.

can u check if cars been leased - Alan

My present car is ex lease. The only things I have had to replace in four and a half years is the battery and some tyres, all mots passed with no advisories.

Its an astra estate.

There are some privately owned cars I would not want, such as my cousin who never had her car serviced as she was given her dads old car when he replaced it every three years. So long as it lasted three years it was ok. Easy to check on service history for that one though.

can u check if cars been leased - Warning

You should be worried about all cars wether leased or not. Even the stock at main dealers can be crap. They have just cleaned it up and polished it.

I went to McDonalds and was surprised the number of people eating in their cars, rather then in the restaurant. Making their cars dirty. Imagine that with MPV etc...

Some people may be more careful with lease cars, as they don't want a big bill and others will trash it.

I was lucky enough to see a car 'before' it was prepped at a main dealer, all I can say the family lived like dirty pigs. The car was covered crips packets. This was a 'trade-in' at a main dealer!!

can u check if cars been leased - alan1302

I went to McDonalds and was surprised the number of people eating in their cars, rather then in the restaurant. Making their cars dirty. Imagine that with MPV etc...

Depends if they clean up afterwards...we eat in the car quite a lot but you wouldn't know by looking.

can u check if cars been leased - slkfanboy

I guess OP is realising that necessarly bad a car has been leased. The key point for me are that it's no been used as a hire car or hammed to death by a sales rep. The plus point is that car should have a dealer full service history.

I personally go for ex mobility cars as they are leased and have full dealer service history and also a private person who hopefully treated the car as their own.

Alex

I guess OP is realising that necessarly bad a car has been leased. The key point for me are that it's no been used as a hire car or hammed to death by a sales rep. The plus point is that car should have a dealer full service history.

I personally go for ex mobility cars as they are leased and have full dealer service history and also a private person who hopefully treated the car as their own.

Alex

Ex-mobility cars can be the worst of all - we've had ex-hire cars without any issue.

can u check if cars been leased - bathtub tom

Alex

I've walked away from an ex motablity car before now, found it had never been serviced.

My current car is an ex hire that had done 8k in four months, so had probably been properly run-in.

can u check if cars been leased - Ben 10
I've never owned a lease car but I've known people who have and enquired about the possibility of going down the leasing route myself.
Servicing seems to be a set in stone requisite as part of the agreement
Yet in my many years attending auctions, almost all the lease cars going through had no service history, and I used to give these a miss. Why would that be? As I thought they had to be serviced during the lease period as said above. What was different about the stocks sent to auction by lease companies.
I've never owned a lease car but I've known people who have and enquired about the possibility of going down the leasing route myself. Servicing seems to be a set in stone requisite as part of the agreement Yet in my many years attending auctions, almost all the lease cars going through had no service history, and I used to give these a miss. Why would that be? As I thought they had to be serviced during the lease period as said above. What was different about the stocks sent to auction by lease companies.

If it was a public auction that doesn't surprise me - there's a lot of "pre-selection" of cars coming off lease based on preliminary examination and documentation/history check - the best ones go to manufacturers' approved schemes, then to closed dealer auctions and finally open public auctions.

It's also common for lease cars to have been serviced correctly but where the paper records don't stay with the car - and service books are rarely stamped these days, far too easy to forge.

can u check if cars been leased - Ian_SW

Ex company lease and ex hire cars are usually the safest bet in my opinion for a 'nearly new' used car. This is simply because all are sold because they have either reached a pre-defined mileage or aren't needed any more.

A fairly large chunk of the privately owned trade-ins of this age are being traded in because there is some kind of niggly fault or have been in an accident and repaired.

At three years old, the risk of getting a lemon on privately owned cars reduces because of all the people on PCP deals who stick to the 'new car cycle' will be trading in solely because of age.

In any case, most company drivers don't abuse/thrash their cars as they can't risk doing so. Driving any modern car flat out will soon result in loss of driving licence and then their job. It's also worth remembering that the majority of hire car drivers these days are also actually people driving work work, but don't need to regularly enough for their company to provide them with a permanent car.