Volkswagen Polo GTI 2015 DSG 1.8 TSI - Need to reject / swap car - emilyxeliza

Hi,

I'm a newbie to forums, but just wondered if anyone had any experience with issues like I currently have with my Polo GTI and the dealership.

I part exchanged my Fiesta ST for the Polo (now I'm regretting it), and they was going to re-sell it at their used car premises.. Three days later I had a strange call from a potential customer for the Fiesta, demanding to know whether there was any paintwork that had been done to the car.. The dealership gave this man my number without my consent, and was rather upset! The dealership were the only people to know about my Fiesta.. but instantly denied any knowledge of my number being given out.. as they do.

I collected my brand new Polo GTI in October 2015, (it's on PCP) from a franchised VW Dealer, and when it came to signing the agreement, they suddenly increased the monthly payment by £8 a month, which wasn't mentioned when I ordered the car. I challenged them as to why, and they said it was some jargon due to 'price quarters, and it has fell into the next quarter and now it has gone up slightly' .. because I wanted the car, I said right, okay, fine.. Thinking it's not much extra..

Anyway, 10 days after having the car, the EPC light came on after overtaking some numpty on the dual carriageway. The car was juddering and it was jumping gears in AUTO mode, from 3rd to 7th to 5th etc. I made it home and called the VW technician and they came out, and said it was a spark plug and swapped it round.. All was fine for a week..

Then, I was pulling away from a junction, and the EPC light came on again, car was rattling like a bag of spanners and it smelt like burning.. Was not driveable. AA said there was nothing they could do and returned the car back to the Dealership. I was really angry, and said I didn't want the car and wished to reject it. They eventually found that the fan wasn't fitted correctly and it cut the electrical wires to the engine and gearbox and repaired it without my consent.

I said to the dealer that I didn't have any faith in the car and they had their chance to rectify it first time and failed to do so.. They wouldn't tell me how to go about rejecting the car and refused to let me have a courtesy car while I left the Polo with them, so I could pursue rejection myself. Instead they gave me £450 in vouchers and told me to go on my way.

Since then the car:

• Keys have been stuck in the ignition even though the steering hasn't locked and it has been securely in parked gear - several times.
  • Brakes are squealing/whilsting consistently, in reverse and coming to a stop.
  • Juddering when stationary.
  • Creaking when moving off or reversing.
  • When off the accelerator in sport mode, it shoots into 3rd gear and loses power, like it's 'choking' (only word I can describe it with!).
  • Windows all mist up when damp outside and takes 15 mins to clear fully without wiping.
  • Hit 5000rpm in sport mode and a warning light comes on the dash but I can't see which one it is, then goes off after a couple of seconds. Not even hit rev limiter!
  • Awful noise from dash when in sport mode at 4000rpm +

Really want rid of this heap of rubbish, paying so much money per month on a useless bag of you know what!

Anyone had a similar experience on rejecting a car / swapping a car with similar issues? It's only 4 months old!

Sorry for the essay btw! Please don't hate me, not very clued up on cars! :-(

Best wishes,

Emily.

Volkswagen Polo GTI 2015 DSG 1.8 TSI - Need to reject / swap car - TedCrilly

These comments concern me......

"after overtaking some numpty on the dual carriageway."

"Not even hit rev limiter!"

Sounds to me like you are abusing the car....plain and simple.

Volkswagen Polo GTI 2015 DSG 1.8 TSI - Need to reject / swap car - RobJP

The Consumer Rights Act came into force on 1st October 2015. As your purchase was after this date, it comes under this legislation.

I suggest you go and read, thoroughly and carefully, the law and your rights. Then write to the delaership informing them of your rejection, and detailing the reasons for the rejection. Keep the letter factual and civilised. Inform them in the letter that you will drop off the car (along with all paperwork and keys, etc) two days after posting of the letter.

Send by recorded post, and INSIST in the letter that ALL communication with the dealership is to be in writing. Also copy of the letter to the finance company.

The reason for the last bit : it sounds to me like you've lost your temper a bit. Keep it calm, and if you can't do that, then get someone else to handle any communications.

Do NOT cancel your payments until the rejection has been accepted by the dealership and finance house. If you fail to make payments then you may be in default on the agreement, and a black mark on your credit record.

You may want to take professional legal advice on the whole matter. It costs, but if something is worth doing, then do it right.

Volkswagen Polo GTI 2015 DSG 1.8 TSI - Need to reject / swap car - emilyxeliza

Thank you for info regarding rejections. Since reading this I have contacted VW finance and customer care, and written a factual and civilised letter to post recorded delivery today. (And kept calm!)

I have no experience with the laws and legislation around rejections and PCP, but I've had a read through online, and now returning the car on Tuesday. Following this, a meeting with the sales and service managers at VW.

Thanks again,

Emily.

Volkswagen Polo GTI 2015 DSG 1.8 TSI - Need to reject / swap car - slkfanboy

Most of your issues seam to include the comment sports mode. Sports mode should simply allow more rev before getting a gear change. The issues there centre around high revs, which if you suggest cause a warning light are correct you should get a fault code recorded and an indication of the issue.

On that basis above. I would get the fault codes read indipendantly and take it back to the dealer to repair. Failure to repair the issues would give solid grounds for rejection and you have a record of the fault code being produced.