Peugeot 207 1.4 diesel 2011 - Peugeot 207 electrical fault? - JSdevon
Hi
Wondering if anyone could advise. Last week my 207 gave me a 'low screen wash' warning, so I topped up and it was fine. On a short journey a few days later it flashed up with braking and power steering faulty but then they went and there was nothing for a week driving every day about 80 miles up and down the motorway so I assumed a blip., then a few days ago the drivers headlight died and it's not the bulb. I haven't touched the car for a couple of days and when I got in this morning its warning me about faulty breaks, faulty ABS and faulty power steering. The red stop light is on and no mileage showing.
I've checked the fuses and can't see anything obvious (am absolutely not an expert though) and the break fluid reservoir is on the right line. I have no idea what to do and am worried about driving it. Also really worried about how much this will cost to fix!
I bought the car just over a year ago from a third party dealer so guess Peugeot won't be helpful..
If anyone could help I'd be grateful...
Peugeot 207 1.4 diesel 2011 - Peugeot 207 electrical fault? - Railroad.

A poor or broken earth connection is what's jumping out at me by what you describe. Check the earth points around the battery and behind the headlamps to make sure they're clean and secure. Also check the charging system to make sure it's working properly, and that battery voltage is about 14.4v with the engine running.

Peugeot 207 1.4 diesel 2011 - Peugeot 207 electrical fault? - Peter.N.

These are the sort of symptoms you get from a 406 when you get water under the drivers side carpet - may be relavent - or not.

Peter

Peugeot 207 1.4 diesel 2011 - Peugeot 207 electrical fault? - Railroad.

These are the sort of symptoms you get from a 406 when you get water under the drivers side carpet - may be relavent - or not.

Peter

Very good point. A body or instrument control module which has a damp and corroded connector plug, or partially submerged in water could be the cause.

Peugeot 207 1.4 diesel 2011 - Peugeot 207 electrical fault? - Gibbo_Wirral

The 207 has a couple of design faults where the windscreen washer pipe and another water course leaks into the BSI.

Type "207 water leak" into Peugeotforums website to see lots of horror stories.

However, trying to be more positive, it could just be electrcial glitches because the battery is old and needs replacing. At this time of year, when demand on the battery is higher, these random electrical glitches often appear, including on my very own 307 with a 4.5 year old Lion brand battery.

Edited by Gibbo_Wirral on 14/12/2015 at 13:40

Peugeot 207 1.4 diesel 2011 - Peugeot 207 electrical fault? - Andrew-T

Whenever I see these doom-laden messages I wonder why my 207 (April 2008) has never suffered like this. It has never spent a night (or day) under cover while I have owned it, but I have had no electrical glitches despite twice leaving the ignition on overnight (after pumping the tyres). The battery is original. But I do make sure the scuttle doesn't get blocked by leaves or other vegetable garbage, and that the windows aren't left open in the rain (well, nearly always ....)

Peugeot 207 1.4 diesel 2011 - Peugeot 207 electrical fault? - Gibbo_Wirral

Have you not even had the earth wire burn out in the rear cluster yet? :-)

Peugeot 207 1.4 diesel 2011 - Peugeot 207 electrical fault? - Cyd

It is possible, just possible, that this could be caused by a duff battery. Find a local garage who can test the battery and charging system. It is that time of year when "old" batteries die.

Also chack for water around any of the ecus and harness connectors.

Peugeot 207 1.4 diesel 2011 - Peugeot 207 electrical fault? - Peter.N.

Water can build up in the o/s sill on the 406 due to blocked drainage holes, it then overflows into the car and lays under the carpet submerging about 4 multi way connectors.