Citroen Picasso xsara - Citroen Picasso HDI Fan blower, no 12v - Rgysd1309
Hello. I was wondering if anybody could help. The car is a 2003 xsara Picasso hdi. The blower wasn't working, so I checked fuse, all ok and has 12v. Ignition red wire has 12v so that's ok. I fed the motor 12v and it works, so I splced 12v from the ignition live onto the thick red wire that goes into the motor, and it now works fine (only with engine started not with ignition). Problem is now the heaters won't get warm, definitely an electrical issue as the pipes are red hot. Is there some sort of control unit that has failed? I can adjust the speed of the fan on the panel, the heat doesn't seem to adjust?

The car has a/c if that helps.
Citroen Picasso xsara - Citroen Picasso HDI Fan blower, no 12v - elekie&a/c doctor
Does this car have auto climate control or is it a manual system?
Hi, sorry for the late reply. I'm not too sure from memory. it has a digital display if that helps?
Citroen Picasso xsara - Citroen Picasso HDI Fan blower, no 12v - elekie&a/c doctor

They all have a digital display for instruments ,speedo etc.What about the heater panel,does this have a digital display??

That's right yes, the heater panel is digital (or whatever it's called, similar to a calculator)

It is possible that the lost power to the blower motor also supplies the electric servo motor that control hot/cold air mix.Does the distribution up/down/face level control work??

Citroen Picasso xsara - Citroen Picasso HDI Fan blower, no 12v - Peter.N.

I would concur. The fan will only normally work when the engine is running so ignore that.

On XMs failure of the fuseholder was generally responsible for no volts on the motor.

Slight bump Anybody got any ideas?

If you have no heat,can you see the airmix flap working?