expression - renault clio 52 reg - mikemo70

can anyone help me out here my cars central locking is going crazy it just locks and unlocks itself there is nothing which i could say could be causing this for instance bad weather, although a while back i did have a problem of water leaking from sunroof and soaking the roof lining occasionally water would settle in the footwells, another thing is that the boot does not lock atall. any advice which could point me in the right direction would be appreciated.

thanks

expression - renault clio 52 reg - Railroad.
The Body Control Module would be a good place to start looking, especially if as you say your car had a water leak. The BCM could've got wet inside. They usually open up fairly easily so you could try that and dry it out. Check the connectors too for signs of corrosion.
expression - renault clio 52 reg - mikemo70

thanks for the reply is the BCM the same as ECU i am leaning towards this myself how easy or hard are they to get to.

thanks

expression - renault clio 52 reg - elekie&a/c doctor
The Bcm sits behind the glove box ,end of dashboard.It is not the same as the engine ecu,which is under the bonnet.You cannot swap out the Bcm for a s/hand unit ,as it contains the immobiliser info.The cycling Cdl system may be due to a faulty door lock actuator.