New Focus Planned? - NWS
Does anyone know if there is likely to be a major overhaul of the Focus in the near future. I understand a minor facelift is on its way later this year.
Was looking for a Golf GTtdi for the second car but just driven the Focus TDCI and was seriously impressed. Threads here seem pretty enthusiastic about it - any downsides I should know about?
New Focus Planned? - DavidHM
The new Focus is an all new platform, I think replacing the TDci engine with a 2.0 jointly developed with Peugeot and around 130 bhp. It will look, and probably drive, similar to the old car, but slightly more modern, although as I understand it, it will be all new.

Probably the weakest area of the current car is the interior design, and I expect this to be more or less lifted from the CMax that has just been announced on the same platform. There'll probably also be a bit more space, a few more airbags, the usual sort of thing, but probably nothing earth shattering - nor should there be. The old Focus was a massive leap forward when it first came out, and the competition has barely caught up with it 4.5 years on.