Nissan Navara - The old Nissan Navara versus Hilus vs Isuzu debate - iroger057

hello to all, first post on here and need some advice. Just had my Mistsubishi L200 54 plate written off due to a fire in the dashboard!. Upset as was great for what i needed and only had 31000k on the clock. Anyway, hoping the insurance pays out first and foremost as I was in France, another story. Decision now is the replacement, Hilux expensive but never heard of any problems, Navara looks great but no end of engine issues so I keep reading, or Isuzu Rodeo, solid but not exciting according to what i've read. I am no mechanic so talk of big end and prop shafts is wasted so please keep advice simple and easy for a bloke like me to understand! Would welcome all comments. Many thanks.

Nissan Navara - The old Nissan Navara versus Hilux vs Isuzu debate - iroger057

Just to add my budget for replacement will be between 8k-10k depending on the nice insurance man!!! Thanks.

Nissan Navara - The old Nissan Navara versus Hilux vs Isuzu debate - SteveLee

Firstly always refuse your first insurance off - they'll try it on - you can also demand they find you an equivilant car (mileage/condition) if they fail to meet you expectation of value.

Stick to what you know the Navara is indeed riddled with engine problems - I wouldn't touch one.

Nissan Navara - The old Nissan Navara versus Hilux vs Isuzu debate - iroger057

thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

Nissan Navara - The old Nissan Navara versus Hilux vs Isuzu debate - gordonbennet

Hilux might seem expensive, but the resale, especially if you look after it is superb, we bought a new 3 litre auto top of range for £21k in 2007 and sold it 3.5 years later for £15k.

Toyota dealers and back up stand head and shoulders above the others should it go wrong, the only issue they had was the injector seals (and rattling injectors) up to 2008, mine started to rattle out of warranty fixed under goodwill without a moments hesitation.

Like all the pick ups and 4x4's the chassis isn't galvanised and the paint isn't wonderful on it either, so suggest you (or get someone) to blow the chassis over with a decent rustproofing wax, such as Bilt Hamber or Dinitrol, if the vehicle is a keeper...had mine pro-rustproofed and it looked brand new underneath after 3 winters.