Volvo V50 - Garage Cannot fix Car - Blata

Just trying to see where I stand

Put a Volvo V50 in to be remapped and now they cannot get the car to go.

The garage have told me that it had been in a front end crash and the ECU was hanging loose behind the wing, i was unaware of this at the time.

When the car went in it was running fine.

Instead of ringing me to inform me that the car was damaged they went ahead and tried to reprogramme the ecu, now the car wont start, the garage have now sent the car to Volvo who have quoted £2500 to repair.

What is my legal postion?

Car was running before it went in now they want me to pay for the repair plus their time.

Volvo V50 - Garage Cannot fix Car - skidpan

They are a bunch of cowboys. The fact its been in an accident is irrelevant. Send them a registered letter informing them that the car was working when you took it to them and that they have a duty of care whilst its in their worshops and that since it will not work after their modification its their responsibilty to fix. Give them a deadline and inform them that if they don't comply you will get the car fixed elsewhere and present them with the bill going to court for the monies if they don't pay.

Volvo V50 - Garage Cannot fix Car - FP

If these people are trying to say the fault isn't theirs, it's that the car was damaged, they should have refused to do any work on it.

By doing the work they have accepted responsibility.

Volvo V50 - Garage Cannot fix Car - Blata

Thanks for the replies, hopefully this will help