Audi A3 - High mileage petrol Audi - Mercedes - nits

Hi

I would like to buy an Audi A3 or Mercedes C180 . My budget is max 5500£. My initial plan was to go for high mileage deisel. on further research came to know that the Euro 5 diesels with high mileage might mean that you could be looking at big bucks to replace the EGR, the DPF, the injectors, the glowplugs and maybe the turbo, so could set you back £5k. What about high mileage petrols are they safe to buy ? Seems like 2009 A3 with 110K mileage I could easily find

Audi A3 - High mileage petrol Audi - Mercedes - Avant

For your budget you can get a Skoda or a SEAT with the same mechanicals as the A3 which will be newer and with lower mileage. Premium badge cars don't actually last any longer than others - they just look good and have a better image.

Don't go for diesel unless your mileage is high: diesels cost less to run if all is going well, but can be liable to expensive failure at higher mileages.

Include Japanese petrol-powered cars like the Mazda 6, Honda Accord or Toyota Avensis in your shortlist. Good value secondhand and generally very reliable.

Audi A3 - High mileage petrol Audi - Mercedes - slkfanboy

>Premium badge cars don't actually last any longer than others - they just look good and have a better image.

Thts not really true. While your correct may of the engine gearbox etc are the same. The body panels use thicker metal. Much better quality paint and long life components make them more durable.

So my focus paintwork has marks on it while my merc paint work has none. Have said that 110K for engines is nothing these days so if your doing fairly low milage all is good.