Skoda Octavia Scout Estate - Lease-Breach of Contract - Harry Hammer
Three months ago, took delivery of a Skoda Octavia Scout through a leasing company, however payment is to Skoda Finance.
As yet, they have not taken the initial deposit or subsequent monthly payments, despite calls and emails to them, notifying them of the issue.
Are they in breach of contract??
Skoda Octavia Scout Estate - Lease-Breach of Contract - craig-pd130

Can't comment on the legality, but about 10 years ago, a friend of mine bought a nearly-new Boxster on finance. Signed the paperwork, all legit, and .... no payments were ever deducted from his bank account. After 4 months of not making any payments, he contacted the finance company to tell them (by email and phone), they said they'd look into it; still no payments were ever taken.

After 18 months in his ownership, the car was subsequently stolen and never recovered. He received the insurance payout, and stuck it in the bank in case the finance company ever came calling ....they never did.

Skoda Octavia Scout Estate - Lease-Breach of Contract - skidpan

Do you seriously want to return the car simply because Skoda have not taken any money for it or are you suggesting you want compenastion since you consider they are in "breach of contract". You must be mad.

Back in the 80's I bought a car on 3 years HP. When the paperwork arrived the repayments were less than originally agreed, they had only included for 2 years interest in the calculations, dealer had signed, I countersigned returned it and simply kept quiet. Saved me a couple of hundred quid, enough for 2 weeks in the Med at the time.

Edited by skidpan on 29/07/2015 at 11:36

Skoda Octavia Scout Estate - Lease-Breach of Contract - Harry Hammer
Hi

Thanks for the comments, just wondering if it's a bargaining tool if something else comes up whilst they still don't take any payment.
Skoda Octavia Scout Estate - Lease-Breach of Contract - thunderbird

If the car is leased you do not own it, it belongs to the leasing company. At the end of the lease it goes back or alternatively in most cases you can purchase it.

That means there is nothing you can do with the car other than use it or return it. They will catch up eventually.

Skoda Octavia Scout Estate - Lease-Breach of Contract - FP

It strikes me that the OP might want to put the money by (in a separate account?) in case the leasing company want to catch up at some point.

Edited by FP on 29/07/2015 at 13:16